Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
esurance went up 30 bucks for semi annual renewal, last renewal went up 20 bucks, the one before another 20 bucks. every time it just kept going up and I got no ticket no anything. Cant do much just have to pay?

Have yet to file a claim with esurance, heard from some that it's difficult when you get into accident etc is that right, any of you got esurance?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Find better insurance. Go through a broker that can give you options. Mine just went down. Of course I'm almost 38, married, no accidents or tickets, and home owner's packaged in.

·
Registered
979 Posts
esurance went up 30 bucks for semi annual renewal, last renewal went up 20 bucks, the one before another 20 bucks. every time it just kept going up and I got no ticket no anything. Cant do much just have to pay?

Have yet to file a claim with esurance, heard from some that it's difficult when you get into accident etc is that right, any of you got esurance?
Takes about 20min and few phone calls to competitively shop, by the time it took you to write this you could've switched insurance companies. It really is that easy, I've switched a few times in the past decade, even switched back to a previous company after they got their **** together. State Farm and Allstate have been the best
in the past decade. Good luck

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I got no tix no accident, home owner's packaged in, mine never went down. someone said call them and pretend you wanna cancel, maybe they will lower it or stop raising it, I will try that

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Takes about 20min and few phone calls to competitively shop, by the time it took you to write this you could've switched insurance companies. It really is that easy, I've switched a few times in the past decade, even switched back to a previous company after they got their **** together. State Farm and Allstate have been the best
in the past decade. Good luck
Insurance depends to wildly that nobody on this forum can do anything to help you really, so your best bet is to call around (CALL EVERYONE. DON'T SETTLE FOR THE FIRST LOWEST PRICE YOU SEE) I will say I agree with Josh and Allstate was by far the cheapest for me in rural PA at age 21. Perfect record and motorcycle factored in.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
called them and they say it's just gonna stay the same, cant change anything. I guess I need to switch! (hmm when I add another vehicle the insurance seems to go down, the 1st car I mean. and I am planning on getting another vehicle. but maybe esurance is still higher than others)

phone calls to insurance companies takes awhile, I think you can do website quotes and maybe chat? let's see

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I had progressive for 10 plus years. While buying my ST the owner of the dealership has his daughter there who is an all state broker,( which is genius btw) asked if while they was doing my paper work if she could run my numbers to see if she could beat their rates. I proceeded to tell her there was no way she could beat progressive. Ended up walking out of there with a brand new ST and a brand new insurance policy lol. Allstate saved me around 35 dollars a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
called them and they say it's just gonna stay the same, cant change anything. I guess I need to switch! (hmm when I add another vehicle the insurance seems to go down, the 1st car I mean. and I am planning on getting another vehicle. but maybe esurance is still higher than others)

phone calls to insurance companies takes awhile, I think you can do website quotes and maybe chat? let's see
If you do an online quote have your phone nearby..they will call you immediately. Every online quote I've ever done they called within 5 minutes and hit me with the "I see you got a quote let's talk some numbers" pitch. Not a bad thing since it saves you money..but be prepared to talk on the phone.

I had progressive for 10 plus years. While buying my ST the owner of the dealership has his daughter there who is an all state broker,( which is genius btw) asked if while they was doing my paper work if she could run my numbers to see if she could beat their rates. I proceeded to tell her there was no way she could beat progressive. Ended up walking out of there with a brand new ST and a brand new insurance policy lol. Allstate saved me around 35 dollars a month.

I was looking to get an ST for a while and decided to ask my insurance company whenever I got my GSXR600 (upgraded from a Ninja 250) what they would charge..it was ridiculous. So I wondered "hmm...wonder if anyone would save me money switching for my BIKE not even my car" and got quoted with 5 local places including Allstate. Allstate quoted me at $50 less a month for BETTER coverage on my bike (just under full coverage) and ONE HUNDRED less on the ST with full coverage than all the others. Shortly later I've gotten my ST and been happy.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I was looking to get an ST for a while and decided to ask my insurance company whenever I got my GSXR600 (upgraded from a Ninja 250) what they would charge..it was ridiculous. So I wondered "hmm...wonder if anyone would save me money switching for my BIKE not even my car" and got quoted with 5 local places including Allstate. Allstate quoted me at $50 less a month for BETTER coverage on my bike (just under full coverage) and ONE HUNDRED less on the ST with full coverage than all the others. Shortly later I've gotten my ST and been happy.
Progressive still has my Harley, almost a 10 dollar difference a month between the 2. Progressive is 21 while allstate is 30 and some change.
According to allstate when I got the quote, my 10 plus years of riding without the proper M endorsement doesn't count as actually riding experience lol. So technically I only have 2 or 3 years of riding experience on paper. Makes 0 sense to me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Insurance companies base their rates on your zip code, costs to repair your type of vehicle and your driving record (age, maritial status, tickets, accidents) This rate can and will change. I went through the annual increase with Farmers, including my annual calls to my agent and other ins. companies. Finally Farmers became too high compared with the other companies and I went with AAA. I saved over 1800.00 on my ST and home bundle. I'm switching 3 additional cars this month. But your choice may be different.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Progressive still has my Harley, almost a 10 dollar difference a month between the 2. Progressive is 21 while allstate is 30 and some change.
According to allstate when I got the quote, my 10 plus years of riding without the proper M endorsement doesn't count as actually riding experience lol. So technically I only have 2 or 3 years of riding experience on paper. Makes 0 sense to me.

That stupid M endorsement. So glad I took the safety course and got mine for free when I did and got it over with.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable the rates were for an ST, normally small high performance cars are the worse, back a few years ago I was inquiring on an SRT4 and it was triple the price of what I pay for my V8 lincoln, and well over the price for a terminator mustang (they said mostly due to it being a very unsafe sh!t box) and then when I got the ST it was actually like $6-$7 cheaper than the Lincoln.

and so far, nobody has been able to beat progressive for me (yes i did check with all state)

and if your rate is going up by $20-$30 each period, you need to either figure out why or switch companies... that would be like a 20%-30% increase for me, they would lose me the first time.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That stupid M endorsement. So glad I took the safety course and got mine for free when I did and got it over with.
Honestly for the 1st few years, you couldn't have told me I was breaking the law, as o thought I knew it all and it wouldn't happen to me. It took a few buddies going to a class and asked me to go with them. Glad I did. One guy in class got pulled over no M endorsement and the sheriff turned his world upside down. He said after everything said and done he was around 8k in the hole.
Sorry OP for the thread hijacking

·
Registered
878 Posts

I did the same thing when we bought our house last year...my agent said to call a broker he knows from Allstate. I called and was like I'm just calling cause my agent said to check it out, y'all won't be able to touch progressive for auto or home. About an hour later she called back, cut the home insurance quote I got from Progressive in half, and I got me max coverage auto (300/100/300) for about $45 more per 6 months (I pay my auto in full) and I also have a million dollar umbrella, all for way less than my minimum coverage from Progressive.

I was with Progressive for years (I was like super platinum or something) and kept seeing my rates go up. I'd call every 6months, argue with both the rep and their boss, get told the rates go up because of the cost of providing insurance in my state, and I'd hang up. I'm very happy with Allstate so far

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've been with probably a half-dozen insurance companies and they all raise their rates slowly over time in what I think is a kind of frog-in-a-slow-boiling-pot theory on their customers, so I switch them every so often.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
thats kinda crazy that so many people have their rates creep up like that... mine have slowly been falling by a few bucks every year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Weird I am on my secord term with esurance and my rates stayed exactly the same as they were before. Multi car with good driver discounts. 31 married home owner and no accidents or tickets on my record

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts