Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I tried to search for anything related to what I'm getting with my ProCal but nothing showed up. My car went in for service several weeks ago when stalling issues came back after they did the splice recall two years ago. Long story short, as an attempt to fix the problem, they reprogrammed my ECU (which didn't work btw) after I flashed my car back to stock. Now that the stalling problem is fixed (they redid the spliced wires), I went ahead and tried to flash my car back to the FRPP tune but instead got an error message on my ProCal saying 'Software version not recognized' followed by what I believe is the software version (EM5A-14C204-ND). I'm guessing when they reprogrammed by car while trying to fix the stalling issue, they may have done some sort of update which renders the ProCal software incapable of recognizing the software on my ECU currently. At this point, is there something I can do on the ProCal to try and get it to recognize the software or do I need to get Ford Racing support involved?

·
Vendor
1,840 Posts
You will need to get Ford Racing's support involved. They've updated you to the latest calibration strategy for your vehicle, and your ProCal doesn't support it. It can only flash a calibration over a strategy it supports.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke to FRPP support and that seems to be the case. I guess I could have the dealership flash my ECU back to it's original strategy in order to load the FRPP tune back up. Otherwise, I'll have to go the Cobb\SCT route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts