Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought my Focus last month and have been drooling over some rpf1’s ever since. I’ve done a significant amount of research and seen many people running the 18x9’s but it seems to be some sort of trade secret on how to make them fit. If some could enlighten me I’d appreciate it. Basically I’d like to know what’s the largest tire I can use on an 18x9 rpf1 without rubbing? I’ll probably lower and inch and a half in the future and am open to rolling fenders if it’s necessary but I refuse to rub, been there done that... :LAME:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Small tires stretched to get the tread patch into the well at the top.

I'm personally not a fan.

Stock size tires on 18x8.5" with a 42mm offset are what these were and what I plan to use from here out as "Perfect" for my liking. Car was dropped on Eibach Sportline springs, was as low as I wanted for daily, only rubbed EVER so slightly when carrying passengers and cargo on roadtrips and finding a bad dip in the road, usually during a turn. Dropping it further on coilovers for a show, would just need to be a little more cautious about road condition.

Moving these wheels over from my old SE at some point...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you thought to compromise and go with the RPF1's in 8.5"? I'm currently on stock rubber but plan on going up to 245.40 or 255.35 next spring.

I considered it but have my heart set on gold wheels :in love:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small tires stretched to get the tread patch into the well at the top.

I'm personally not a fan.

Stock size tires on 18x8.5" with a 42mm offset are what these were and what I plan to use from here out as "Perfect" for my liking. Car was dropped on Eibach Sportline springs, was as low as I wanted for daily, only rubbed EVER so slightly when carrying passengers and cargo on roadtrips and finding a bad dip in the road, usually during a turn. Dropping it further on coilovers for a show, would just need to be a little more cautious about road condition.

Moving these wheels over from my old SE at some point...
Thanks for the info. I just found a helpful thread on the RS forum of a guy running 18x9 enkei with 245 tire and no fender mods. Sounds safe enough, maybe I’ll try it out

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I considered it but have my heart set on gold wheels :in love:
Well, you can always get the powder coated. Can get whatever you want as long as you are willing to pay ;) I wasnt super excited about the color of mine but they have grown on me (hiding brake dust pretty well helps) and I knew i could always change the color later if I wanted to. I wanted wider than stock but something i could fit a good tire on while still keeping the ride height lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts