Ford Focus ST Forum banner

301 - 320 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
As I stated before, there are 5 more splices in that harness that are using the same type of metal clamp on them. I would go back in and replace all of them, then I bet your issue will go away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As I stated before, there are 5 more splices in that harness that are using the same type of metal clamp on them. I would go back in and replace all of them, then I bet your issue will go away.
I saw no metal clamp on the 2 splices I replaced, they were wire to wire and shrink wrapped.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If you cut off the shrink wrap, and peel out the 'glue' coating, you will see that the wires are held together by a metal band-clamp. There are pictures of them on post #68 of this thread, back on page 7.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have gotten the recall notice in the mail 2 times, but my car has yet to act up. I have always followed the M-O that if its not broke, don't fix it. At the first sign of an issue I will be doing it myself. This thread is GREAT. Good work guys.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
I have gotten the recall notice in the mail 2 times, but my car has yet to act up. I have always followed the M-O that if its not broke, don't fix it. At the first sign of an issue I will be doing it myself. This thread is GREAT. Good work guys.
Just remember if you don't go in for the recall they can deny warranty work on your engine.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have to throw in my .2c, i have done the two splice fixes myself. Took about 1hour excl prep. I never had the idle issues, but i approached this as a preventative measure more than a cure. My car seems lighter on juice. Can be too early to tell though. Thank you for all the contribs from all members regarding this ;) round of beers on me :D

Sent from my SM-G900F

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have to throw in my .2c, i have done the two splice fixes myself. Took about 1hour excl prep. I never had the idle issues, but i approached this as a preventative measure more than a cure. My car seems lighter on juice. Can be too early to tell though. Thank you for all the cribs from all members regarding this ;) round of beers on me :D

Sent from my SM-G900F
By disconnecting the battery you do a KAM reset, so the car should feel a little different until it relearns everything.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had no issues with stalling but after 3 recall cards being sent to me I had the dealer do the work....took about 1.5hrs to complete. I may be crazy but it seems like my MPG's went up by about 1.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is sitting in the dealer right now... I was going to wait but it's been 4 hours since they started it, I had my wife come pick me up at about the 3 hour mark. They said they found a cut wire in the harness, they saw the cobb sticker on the window and are trying to call them to see before they tape it up. It's obviously not that...

My guess is, it's an unused wire for a MAF, and since they haven't done an ST they haven't seen it. They said when ford leaves wires like that from the factory they heat shrink them, but why heat shrink them if they don't go to or from anything?

For those that have done it, did you see any cut wires?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Mine is sitting in the dealer right now... I was going to wait but it's been 4 hours since they started it, I had my wife come pick me up at about the 3 hour mark. They said they found a cut wire in the harness, they saw the cobb sticker on the window and are trying to call them to see before they tape it up. It's obviously not that...

My guess is, it's an unused wire for a MAF, and since they haven't done an ST they haven't seen it. They said when ford leaves wires like that from the factory they heat shrink them, but why heat shrink them if they don't go to or from anything?

For those that have done it, did you see any cut wires?
I didn't see any cut wires. And I stripped the harness from top to bottom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Weird. He said the wires were yellow with a purple stripe and purple with a yellow stripe, both cut and both wrapped together. I'm thinking they're just dumbasses, because I've looked through this thread and from what I can tell the yellow/purple is in the fix and the purple yellow doesn't exist.

I got it back, and I didn't think I had any symptoms but it's a little easier to take off from idle now. Could just be the ECU/KAM reset I did.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have to throw in my .2c, i have done the two splice fixes myself. Took about 1hour excl prep. I never had the idle issues, but i approached this as a preventative measure more than a cure. My car seems lighter on juice. Can be too early to tell though. Thank you for all the contribs from all members regarding this ;) round of beers on me :D

Sent from my SM-G900F
I have done 14 wire tsb's. None of them have issues and it helped in every one. Mine was the first I ever did, days after the TSB came out. Still running like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
@burnouTSfirST
Thanks a bunch for posting these pics! Had my recall done about a year ago and the Shudder/ Rpm drop never went away (was worse in summer hints why I decided to do more digging)
The splices my tech did looked really solid so I knew this was not where the problem was and more digging was needed. Glad I have this image for Reference!

I will do the rest of the splices and post my results.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Has anyone been able to get their dealer to replace the other 5 splices if the issue with RPM dip with A/C on is still present after the TSB that replaces the top 2 splices? Just want to figure out if it's even worth attempting to convince my local dealer about. I HATE doing electrical work, so I want to avoid it if at all possible.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
TTT

and i wanted to subscribe to the thread

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2015 would have the shudder occasionally, usually after downshifting into 3rd and going into idle at red lights. After reading on one of these threads that a custom tune was taking care of the problem by setting a higher idle, I requested a 900 RPM idle from Stratified on my tune, and I haven't had a single issue in about a month now.

I don't even get the weird, bumpiness during engine idle anymore that the car seemed to have. (Not sure if everyone was experience that or not, just seemed like my car was having a hard time even when the RPMs were steady before my tune)

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
I have a focus 2013 se, it apply for this?

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk
No, this is an ST issue as far as I know.

301 - 320 of 330 Posts