Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Focus St (1) @87k
Mods: Cold air intake, bigger intercooler, Cobb tuner, symposer delete. Got it used, without tuner, ran fine, added Cobb tuner, engine blew up shortly. Replaced the long block and uninstalled the tuner from the car. Problems: Hill start assist not available, random misfire codes, speedometer not working, traction control light is on, engine start button take 3 pushes to turn engine off. Only codes pulled are for random misfires and recently cylinder 2 misfire. Switching coil packs tonight to see if it changes the cylinder 2 misfire. Went through and could not find any forgotten connectors and made sure grounds were clean. Not sure where to go with this given the car runs and drives just fine. I've been reading up on a few threads to help but they are going in quite a few directions in this case. Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
And you’re 100% it was a good motor?

Run a compression test on it, if that comes up clean then it’s likely that something went wrong during the install. Probably electrical if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you’re 100% it was a good motor?

Run a compression test on it, if that comes up clean then it’s likely that something went wrong during the install. Probably electrical if I had to guess.

That's what I'm thinking. Possibly a bad PCM, not sure how sensitive they are to fluids but I think a little bit of coolant ran across it, nothing crazy though. Just odd that we're getting stuff from misfires to hill start assist issues. seems like something across the board like a computer/connector or common ground.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Possibly a bad PCM, not sure how sensitive they are to fluids but I think a little bit of coolant ran across it, nothing crazy though. Just odd that we're getting stuff from misfires to hill start assist issues. seems like something across the board like a computer/connector or common ground.
It sounds like you didn’t connect something all the way to be honest.

The ecm is ruggedized and designed to handle exposure to moisture

1 - 6 of 6 Posts