Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just installed a sound symposer delete on my 2013 focus st and as I was taking the stock symposer out I noticed some oil around the gasket sealing area on the symposer itself...is this normal??? or do I have an issue on my hands???

Auto part

·
Registered
428 Posts
Can't cite where I read it but it's normal. When I did my sound symposer delete it looked pretty similar to that.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's normal. Oil vapor will exit the crankcase through the PCV valve, go through a short hose and exit right above the throttle body. The oil will then move up through the intake manifold and condense in there and some will pool where the sound symposer is, on the throttle body, etc. That's why some folks install an oil catch can between the PCV valve and intake manifold.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
It's normal. Oil vapor will exit the crankcase through the PCV valve, go through a short hose and exit right above the throttle body. The oil will then move up through the intake manifold and condense in there and some will pool where the sound symposer is, on the throttle body, etc. That's why some folks install an oil catch can between the PCV valve and intake manifold.
Then after that it will do this to the runners, bowls, valves and valve seat and the injectors.

Auto part Personal protective equipment Metal Steel Rim
Auto part Wheel Rim Tire Automotive wheel system
Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system Tire Wheel
Auto part Automotive engine part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts