Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from the installation of a COBB catted down pipe, Velossa Tech Ram air and CPE FMIC.

Would any one of these throw the engine light on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they need to be changed? or is this a reset?
Which was the culprit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a turbo back exhaust installed then got a yellow engine light a few days later.
I then put a tune on it and it went away for like two weeks before reappearing so reloaded tune again before going away again.now i only retune it wen i want to get a pink slip...lol
Yellow engine light is a emissions fault from exhaust if u check with ur hand book....

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a turbo back exhaust installed then got a yellow engine light a few days later.
I then put a tune on it and it went away for like two weeks before reappearing so reloaded tune again before going away again.now i only retune it wen i want to get a pink slip...lol
Yellow engine light is a emissions fault from exhaust if u check with ur hand book....

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk
I really hope I don't have to live with engine fault lights?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I really hope I don't have to live with engine fault lights?
You will with a downpipe unless you get a defowler or tune it out. I am guessing you are on stock tune. To put it in simpler terms; Your ECU is programmed with the stock cat and measures the air quality coming out the back end of it via the o2 sensor. If there are too many nastys coming through it will think your cat has malfunctioned and throw a code. Because you installed a high flow cat, there are more nastys getting registered by your o2 sensor.

There are 2 ways to combat this:
1. Get a defowler, google it. It is a J shaped piece that moves your o2 sensor out of the exhaust stream. These is the cheapest route.
2 Get a tune to remove the code. You can go to a tuner and they will be able to remove the code for you for good. If you are going to get a tune anyway than don't bother with the defolwer and just do this. Otherwise it's not worth it to go through getting a tune just to remove your CEL..

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the best explanation I have ever read thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from the dealer/installer it was the down pipe. He reset it and will install a defouler if it happens again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts