Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so last night after I went out to my car and plugged in my AP before starting my car. Upon starting it up the tach needle starting bouncing back and forth from I believe 2k rpm and zero and I started seeing "engine fault, hill assist not available, take car to dealer" and I had a CEL. I couldn't shut the car off just by pressing the PTS button, but had to hold the clutch in and hold the PTS button. I disconnected the AP and started the car and it seemed to start okay, but it had a CEL. I turned the car off agaijn and then pushed the PTS button to put it in accessory mode and unmarried the AP because I thought for sure I was going to have to take the car to the dealer. When I started the car after putting the stock map back on everything seemed fine. No CEL, no weird idle, and I drove around the rest of the evening. I started up the car this morning and it seems fine too.

Is it possible the AP freaked out the car for some reason? I was running my v8.0 aggressive tune, but I also have an 8.10 linear I could use as well. I have used both with zero problems until yesterday. Any idea what it was or could be? Is their and issue with the AP? Would I be okay to flash the tune back on to my ST?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help?

Sent from Hoth Rebel Base

·
Registered
31 Posts
This has happened to me before. One day the OBD2 cable went bad and didn’t fully power on my AP. Started my car, I noticed the AP screen was black, my car had a Check Engine Light, and the info screen stated the Hill Start Assist Not Available. Freaked out because my car wouldn’t turn off so I grabbed the USB cord for my cell phone and plugged it up to the AP from the car’s USB port to give it power. AP powered on and I could turn off my car. Turned the car back on with the USB cable still in the AP and the Engine Fault and Hill Start Assist Not Available went away. I bought a new AP cord and haven’t seen it since. Long story short, it may be the cord.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had a hill start fault notification pop up multiple times over a couple months before along with weird issues with the automatic windows. After i cleaned my battery terminals and tightened my terminal cables i never saw the fault again or had any other issues. I heard that low battery voltage (dirty or loose terminals can mimic this) can cause wild issues with the Fords so it could be worth it to check the battery since its pretty much free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts