Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
sub'd

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's funny that they call them Engine Camshaft Valve Seals.

Those seals are for the VCT solenoids, not the camshaft or the valves.

They are probably leaking because you have 50K miles, I wouldn't think to far into it.

I have never replaced the seals but if I were to take an educated guess I would say it would take 10 minutes and a screw driver (after removing the solenoid).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's funny that they call them Engine Camshaft Valve Seals.

Those seals are for the VCT solenoids, not the camshaft or the valves.

They are probably leaking because you have 50K miles, I wouldn't think to far into it.

I have never replaced the seals but if I were to take an educated guess I would say it would take 10 minutes and a screw driver (after removing the solenoid).
Thanks, I'll update the thread title. I did download the repair manual from on here so maybe when I get home I can see what they show for them.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
You probably just unlock the sensors, pull them and swap seals. I'd give it a shot, there may be a DIY online re: it or possibly re: valve cover gasket replacement that may include removing those sensors.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Gonna watch how this goes....asuka is about to turn 50 and I want to watch for any possible things like this to come up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now that I think about it. I don't think you can pull the solenoids out without removing the valve cover.

There is a tab on the solenoid that is bolted to the solenoid housing under the valve cover. So either you would have to replace the seals with the solenoids in place or remove the valve cover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now that I think about it. I don't think you can pull the solenoids out without removing the valve cover.

There is a tab on the solenoid that is bolted to the solenoid housing under the valve cover. So either you would have to replace the seals with the solenoids in place or remove the valve cover.
Has anyone changed these seals yet? Can they be done without removing the valve cover?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts