Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been working through I/M readiness issues for some time now, making slow progress. I have a 2013 Focus ST (US Edition) with essentially a Cobb's stage 3 package. That does include the catted downpipe from Cobb as well. Fast forward through some trials, I am now running the downpipe with a defouler to space out the o2 sensor. After adding the defouler, all the monitors (including the Catalyst) have set, EXCEPT for the two o2 ones. I have now uninstalled the Cobb AP entirely and running stock software to maximize my chances of getting the I/M monitors set as ready. I've put about 100 miles (mostly highway) on the car, but the o2 sensors still haven't set. From what I read so far, they should set. I don't have a CEL code thrown or anything of the sort.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar? Do I just keep driving? If so, any special type of driving? Ford's drive cycle info doesn't appear to be much help here. Or is it time to go back to the stock downpipe. I would really hate to do that. Various internet posts do suggest that a defouler with a tune that doesn't disable the o2 sensors should do it. I have both now, since I am running the factory tune now, along a defouler.

thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Stage 3 map has the P0420 codes disabled and will not allow the monitors to clear. Stage 2 however does have the code enabled. Typically, yes it will pass with the spacer. If I remember correctly, the procedure to clear those monitors is 40mph for 4 minutes.

After trying to get mine to pass for far too long, my best suggestion is to bite the bullet and put the stock downpipe back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't have a downpipe but my tune evidently disabled the readiness monitors. I flashed back to stock, the cat and fuel monitors set easily but the O2 monitors are a bugger to set. The recommended procedure is to set the cruise control at 41 mph and drive for between 4 and 8 minutes. Trying to find a road where that can be done safely is difficult, I just about got rear ended doing it. Took 3 nights driving back and forth on the cruise to reset the monitors. Not sure but I think the ECM is looking for results over multiple drive cycles. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Depending on who has tuned your car, you can try to use their tune and still be running a catted downpipe with a spacer. To be safe you'd run a stage 2 tune if your on the Cobb software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if the OP resolved his issue but I too encountered the same I/M readiness situation with stage 3 mods. I installed a 2in de-fouler from Amazon on the rearmost O2 sensor and flashed to Cobb's Stage 2 v400 map. I drove approximately 50 miles over the course of 3 days and all monitors are 'Ready' as of today and I have a PA emissions and inspection appt set for Friday. I drove less aggressively and barely got into boost..<7psi. I turned the rear defroster on at start-up and turned it off 5min after and drove with the a/c on for today's Drive of about 30miles. Not sure if those two components aided the process but I read in a few forums that it assists with the drive cycle. Before I left home today for the drive, the catalyst and last monitor were ready. All of the other monitors were not. To be honest, I was completely surprised that the remaining monitors 'Green'd' up as quickly as they did. It was a great feeling &#55357;&#56833; Also, I have had a stage 3 tune from stratified for more than a year and re-flashed days ago and the I/M readiness was 100% compliant with Cobb's monitors more quickly than I anticipated. If you have any questions, let me know. In summation, Cobb stage 2 OTS tune + Amazon defouler + normal driving = 100% I/M readiness &#55358;&#56601;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...keywords=o2+defouler&dpPl=1&dpID=41codkrCpIL& - Link to defouler

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Did you drive around 40-45 mph for 5 min? Not sure what I should do. I have the cobb stage 2 map with a defouler.
Tried uninstalling the accessport for emissions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.