Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody seen a good thread explaining how to adjust our emergency brake? I do not have stock brakes I have wilwood a in the front and back and they never got re-adjusted in the shop. I already tried the reverse at 3mph tand pull up on the ebrake to self adjust trick but no luck. I'm sure it's simple to adjust but I just want to have a solid guideline to follow.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Haven't done it on this car but assuming it's like most other cars, you have to remove the plastic console parts from the handbrake area and tighten a nut from behind the handle that puts more tension on a cable that goes to the rear brakes. The hardest part will be getting to that nut.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't done it on this car but assuming it's like most other cars, you have to remove the plastic console parts from the handbrake area and tighten a nut from behind the handle that puts more tension on a cable that goes to the rear brakes. The hardest part will be getting to that nut.
Cool I will start there, is there anything that I need to look at by the brake itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Cool I will start there, is there anything that I need to look at by the brake itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Negative ghost rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts