1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Tell me how you plan to apply 550whp to the road. Then, maybe you won't sound like a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Car can do it. Just needs wider drag tire lol

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Not every car is going to make those numbers. In my opinion I wouldn't go near those number unless the vehicles internals were NOT stock. Also IF you were to go a higher compression 10:1 or 11:1 you'd reach those numbers with no issue. But I'd advise forged internals and Water meth injection to keep the engine cool(er).

·
Registered
217 Posts
The whiskey was in control last night. Regrettable.

What I failed to imply is that a considerable amount of work is required to reach anything near 550whp on this platform. Everything from airflow, race fuel, injectors, internals, displacement, clutch, tires, wheels, etc..

In the 550whp ballpark you're essentially talking about a different car in terms of response and drivability.

I stand by my point, though I concede that the execution was debatable at best hahah.

Long story short, 550whp is doable, of course, though it is not a simple bolt on job.

·
Administrator
11,899 Posts
Tell me how you plan to apply 550whp to the road. Then, maybe you won't sound like a waste of time.

Well, if you noticed how his builds roll, he likes to dream, then build, then sell, then build again. So he does not waste anyone's time in fact.

Pwnall1337 actually gets **** done, and fast, one of the few people around here that do. You should take into account who you are quoting, before you quote them.

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, if you noticed how his builds roll, he likes to dream, then build, then sell, then build again. So he does not waste anyone's time in fact.

Pwnall1337 actually gets **** done, and fast, one of the few people around here that do. You should take into account who you are quoting, before you quote them.
Totally. Noticed this morning he's already in the high 400's on an E50 mix. Like I said. Regrettable.

·
Administrator
11,899 Posts
Totally. Noticed this morning he's already in the high 400's on an E50 mix. Like I said. Regrettable.

Yeah I posted before I saw your whiskey confession, lmao

Just your local friendly mod, keeping an eye on things, ;)

Reactions: Spauldin

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
How come inevitable in every single thread about making power beyond a certain point there's a discussion about traction?

If you can't figure out how to get that much power down, you shouldn't have it.

Drag Radials are overkill on the street and wear down quickly.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How come inevitable in every single thread about making power beyond a certain point there's a discussion about traction?

If you can't figure out how to get that much power down, you shouldn't have it.

Drag Radials are overkill on the street and wear down quickly.
That's pretty much any discussion regarding big power and FWD. I think some people around here forget that your foot isn't an on/off switch.

I know this was whiskey fuelled and I also enjoy my whiskey, but **** me sideways that is possibly the douchiest response I've seen in 15 years of forums.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I know @[email protected] made 470whp on it, but how far can this turbo be pushed @[email protected] I'm under the impression this is a 550whp capable turbo?
Assuming you don't have any restrictions, it's 60 cfm at about 69% efficiency, you can make more than 550...

A fuel that won't knock and E85 isn't the only choice and a high boost actuator would do it. You might put a rod out at 500+ on the stock block if it's not tuned correctly.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Assuming you don't have any restrictions, it's 60 cfm at about 69% efficiency, you can make more than 550...

A fuel that won't knock and E85 isn't the only choice and a high boost actuator would do it. You might put a rod out at 500+ on the stock block if it's not tuned correctly.
Thanks man. I quoted a 2.3 stroker kit/rebuild kit with SP63 and their 4 port + LPFP upgrade, but my biggest concern is spool. I know all too much about turbo lag from past experiences and I want a turbo that hits hard low/mid but has a good top end too. I really love the efr7163 for it's simplicity, but my power goal is 600+ whp. If the efr7163 can get me to 580->600 on e85 (no blend) I can run a 50 shot to get that extra 50 hp when I need it. The EFR comes as a full kit IWG and internal bpv which is a big plus as even a bov adds weight and complexity to the car. I'm thinking the EFR7163 will be able to hit 25 psi by 3400 rpm on a 2.3 stroker which would be really sweet.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Thanks man. I quoted a 2.3 stroker kit/rebuild kit with SP63 and their 4 port + LPFP upgrade, but my biggest concern is spool. I know all too much about turbo lag from past experiences and I want a turbo that hits hard low/mid but has a good top end too. I really love the efr7163 for it's simplicity, but my power goal is 600+ whp. If the efr7163 can get me to 580->600 on e85 (no blend) I can run a 50 shot to get that extra 50 hp when I need it. The EFR comes as a full kit IWG and internal bpv which is a big plus as even a bov adds weight and complexity to the car. I'm thinking the EFR7163 will be able to hit 25 psi by 3400 rpm on a 2.3 stroker which would be really sweet.
Even with Full Race you can specify the standard IWG which comes with the turbo they don't have any control over that and the optional Turbo Smart they offer instead of the High Boost actuator that Borg Warner offers on it's EFR turbos.

I like the Turbo Smart because the spring rate is tunable.

It will make more than 550 hp with a built 2.3L. Also a 50 shot on a turbo car is easily 100+ hp...

Hey let's both plan to be at TX2K18 and raise some hell.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even with Full Race you can specify the standard IWG which comes with the turbo they don't have any control over that and the optional Turbo Smart they offer instead of the High Boost actuator that Borg Warner offers on it's EFR turbos.

I like the Turbo Smart because the spring rate is tunable.

It will make more than 550 hp with a built 2.3L. Also a 50 shot on a turbo car is easily 100+ hp...

Hey let's both plan to be at TX2K18 and raise some hell.
I won't be ready for tx2k. On 9/19 im hoping to be rolling around with 350>360 whp/420wtq on e50 using the pumaspeed turbo and gonna roll for a few months. I'm then gonna put the x37 and stratified 2 port aux up for sale (may even do a combo deal for $2k for turbo/turbosmart wga/aux fuel barely used, then I'm gonna order a 2.3 kit and have my local shop build it and do the engine/clutch/fuel system/turbo at the same time to overlap labor costs, but I don't plan on doing this until Feb/March, unless I get bored of the x37 sooner than expected.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Did you get my PM about the engine that's already ready to bolt-in? His last motor did 550 on smaller turbo.

TX2k18 isn't until March 15-18 2018

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you get my PM about the engine that's already ready to bolt-in? His last motor did 550 on smaller turbo.

TX2k18 isn't until March 15-18 2018
I did, but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now. I owe $6,200 on my motorcyle and I'm paying that off next month, and then paying off my $1800 lasik in october. Focus parts are already paid for except that nitrous kit I pm'd you about but that's only $320. I'm tapped until november and even then I want to use my bonus in the beginning of the year to pay off the focus before I rip the thing apart and go full race car, because I'll probably be getting another f150 as a daily and turn the focus into a race car and I don't want 2 car payments.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I did, but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now. I owe $6,200 on my motorcyle and I'm paying that off next month, and then paying off my $1800 lasik in october. Focus parts are already paid for except that nitrous kit I pm'd you about but that's only $320. I'm tapped until november and even then I want to use my bonus in the beginning of the year to pay off the focus before I rip the thing apart and go full race car, because I'll probably be getting another f150 as a daily and turn the focus into a race car and I don't want 2 car payments.
Sounds good, the Nitrous Outlet kit will work fine. I will be using my kit again once I have a engine installed (hopefully this week).

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Food for thought, other DI 2.0L engine cars -

Kmo43 (Cobalt SS Turbo) EFR 7163 T25 Turbine housing? ZZP Kit = 511hp E32 + Water Methanol Injection, 28 psi (Stock Block, Self Ported Head, ZZP Stage 2 Cams)

Tyler Atul (Mk7 Golf GTI) EFR 7163 T25 Turbine housing? APR Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade = 570hp E90, port injection, built motor ([email protected])

Tyler Atul ************************************************** ********** = 483hp APR Stage 3 (EFR 7163) + Sunoco GT260

1 - 20 of 34 Posts