Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

So I'm installing my EFR6258 (mountune kit) this weekend and I'm stumped on how the vacuum lines actually need to be!!!

It seems not very many EFR installs are documented in detail here, and then you throw in the confusion with the GTX kits and alternate EFR installs that use an external BOV... Naturally there's no paperwork with the mountune hardware. I understand someone doing an install like this should be somewhat comfortable around a motor, but a list of hardware and its purpose would be nice. I have 4 washers that I have no clue where they go! But that's for another thread.

Of course it's Sunday and everyone's out of the office. :crying: But either way the answer might be of value for someone searching in the future?

I'm utilizing the internal BPV, but the vac lines preinstalled don't seem quite right to me. I would think one should hook everything up identical to the OEM configuration. OEM vs. EFR that came preinstalled:

oem vac lines.jpg

efr vac lines.jpg

The only installed example I can find is from @SlowestSVT build thread, and it doesn't seem to be like stock line routing either. Can someone help?

Also @[email protected] @Tarrant64 @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hey all,

So I'm installing my EFR6258 (mountune kit) this weekend and I'm stumped on how the vacuum lines actually need to be!!!

It seems not very many EFR installs are documented in detail here, and then you throw in the confusion with the GTX kits and alternate EFR installs that use an external BOV... Naturally there's no paperwork with the mountune hardware. I understand someone doing an install like this should be somewhat comfortable around a motor, but a list of hardware and its purpose would be nice. I have 4 washers that I have no clue where they go! But that's for another thread.

Of course it's Sunday and everyone's out of the office. :crying: But either way the answer might be of value for someone searching in the future?

I'm utilizing the internal BPV, but the vac lines preinstalled don't seem quite right to me. I would think one should hook everything up identical to the OEM configuration. OEM vs. EFR that came preinstalled:

View attachment 132623

View attachment 132624

The only installed example I can find is from @SlowestSVT build thread, and it doesn't seem to be like stock line routing either. Can someone help?

Also @[email protected] @Tarrant64 @[email protected]
Hey man,

I thought I had a bunch of photos but this is the only one I can find. You will have 1 port that you will either not hook up and it will vent to a, or if you have it designed on your intake you can run a line from that open port to the intake so it recirculation.

So of the 3 port on the ebcs, the one with two people, one will be for the wastegate, the one under it will be open. Then the one at the top will be hooked up that line will have a "T" on it like pictured. I hope this helps.

The bov will hook up to the same stock line that went to the stock bov. Hopefully you labeled it.

20160324_171956.jpg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. You actually have yours plumbed exactly like OEM (which is how I thought it should be). And yes my intake is configured to use the open port on the solenoid you're referencing. It would have been really convenient if BW included a provision for the inlet connection like the factory K03.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thanks. You actually have yours plumbed exactly like OEM (which is how I thought it should be). And yes my intake is configured to use the open port on the solenoid you're referencing. It would have been really convenient if BW included a provision for the inlet connection like the factory K03.
I cut off the one from the oem and threw it on my efr. Actually I broke the efr ebcs and used the oem one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Unless they changed it, there should be a vacuum point on the intake tube mountune provides to hook up to the vent

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Confused where to hook up my vacuum lines on my EFR 6758, could anyone provide any more reference pics?
Thank you

That's the one I used.

The line that would go to the intake I left off which is fine if you don't have the spot on the intake for it. If you have any specific questions let me know.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Confused where to hook up my vacuum lines on my EFR 6758, could anyone provide any more reference pics?
Thank you
Got this nifty pic from the folks at Stratified.

WG plumbing EBCS Focus ST.PNG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi their new to the group can somone please try point me in the right direction I have just bought a Ford focus st2 225 and was looking around the engine bay and noticed that the vac line on the inlet manifold going under the engine cover to the back of the engine pulled on it and it was blocked off with a bolt I have put the car on the ramp to look at the vac lines on the turbo boost solenoid and to me they all look fine doesnt look as if they have been tampered with or anything but would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction thanks i think it's the green one shown on the picture but dont know where it goes it's doing ma head in

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts
Hi their new to the group can somone please try point me in the right direction I have just bought a Ford focus st2 225 and was looking around the engine bay and noticed that the vac line on the inlet manifold going under the engine cover to the back of the engine pulled on it and it was blocked off with a bolt I have put the car on the ramp to look at the vac lines on the turbo boost solenoid and to me they all look fine doesnt look as if they have been tampered with or anything but would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction thanks i think it's the green one shown on the picture but dont know where it goes it's doing ma head in View attachment 374173

This is a forum for the ST250 model. 2013-2018 Ford Focus ST's with 2.0 ecoboosts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts