Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as most of you know, we had a little motor carnage at the track about a month ago. We have a motor getting built at the moment, but here is a video we put together showing us getting the blown motor out of the car. Hope you enjoy...

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just too much boost for the piston? What power were you guys making before it went boom?
We are not exactly sure what power it was at because we had turned it up a couple times since the last dyno. We don't think it was related to power though. The rod stretched at the wrist pin which is more of a high rpm thing that happens on a off power stroke. The was WOT pretty much every time it was driven, and we used launch control and FFS pretty much constantly. Lol!

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Looking forward to the tear down and build!! Are you guys considering the new cams for the car?! Would love to see those installed and hear them too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to the tear down and build!! Are you guys considering the new cams for the car?! Would love to see those installed and hear them too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will be using the mountune stage 3 cams in this build and we are looking forward to how they perform as well!

·
Vendor
659 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
can't wait to see what becomes of this!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Didn't know you blew it up. Going to run a better clutch this time too?

:p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow. Sucks to find out it took the trans with it. The only thing worse would be for it to have caught fire or crashed. The two most expensive things gone at once.

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. Sucks to find out it took the trans with it. The only thing worse would be for it to have caught fire or crashed. The two most expensive things gone at once.
We think the trans is okay. The bell housing is toast though, but we got another one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Shows how much I know. I'm used to the FWD Trans where the bell housing is half the case also (one cast molding). So on the ST the bell housing is separate from the case and bolts to the Trans?

If so that's Great to know!! That's almost old school.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts