Ford Focus ST Forum banner
861 - 876 of 876 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
The EFR kit was pretty sweet, but the new turbo is a GTX3582 being run with the cp-e Atmosphere kit.
Now that's a big snail lol you should do a oem turbo comparison picture

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Well, I went on vacation last week, and JP decided to be productive while I was gone. The car is now running on spring pressure (14psi) and pump gas (91oct) and we are going through the break in process.

You can find the start up video on my facebook page. if you shoot me a friend request, I'll approve.

Alan Jackson on facebook

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
Well guys, the ST has been running for about a month now. Got it broken in and currently running on 91oct. We are still ironing out some details on our fuel system, but should have that ready to go in the car soon. Since race season is over for us here in Denver until at least April, we haven't been in too much of a hurry to get this thing finished, so we are just taking our time and making sure everything will be right and ready for the track to open then.

In the meantime, this is what our car is doing on 91oct according to vdyno. Also, keep in mind this is with no correction factor and we are at 5250 asl. To give you an idea of how good this setup is flowing, our highest dyno on the EFR7163 put down around 390 uncorrected at 28psi. That was with Aux fuel and an E85/race gas mix.

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
Okay, here is the comparison between the EFR7163 on 91 with no aux fuel and the GTX3582 on 91 with no aux fuel. Keeping it at no correction factor also so numbers are going to be low.

Red is 2.3L GTX3582 and blue is 2.0L EFR7163

Keep in mind there are some pretty big differences in the engine between these two plots. The EFR 7163 is on a stock 2.0L, and the GTX3582 is on a high compression 2.3L stroker with a built head as well (cams, porting, and oversize valves/beefed up valve springs).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very cool. Making much more power with less boost. No surprise of course with much more VE......bigger displacement, cams, head porting, etc. Looking forward to seeing the numbers after its cranked up. How's spool up compared to the 7163?

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·
Very cool. Making much more power with less boost. No surprise of course with much more VE......bigger displacement, cams, head porting, etc. Looking forward to seeing the numbers after its cranked up. How's spool up compared to the 7163?
As you can see from this comparison, the EFR definitely spools faster, but the slower spool is made up for a little by the larger displacement/higher flowing engine.

It is a vdyno so can't say if its 100% accurate or not, but you can see how the power picks up at the same rate even though its spooling slower and running less boost.

Also, we are finally getting more parts on the ST. As we maxed out the stock fuel system on 91oct at 20psi, obviously we need more fuel. To do this we are going to be running a double pumper in the tank with four ID 1050x's in the Port Rail.

We started work on installing all this earlier this week.

Started by dropping the fuel tank.

Getting the Double Pumper setup ready to go in the tank.

We also finally got to lighten up the front end a bit with the Deadhook Crash Bar. We are hoping to come in with a track weight under 3000lbs with the driver in the car.

Progress is finally being made. The car has dyno tuning date set for May 20th and as far as we are concerned, it can't get here soon enough.

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
Looks good. Do you want to weld up some brackets for that catch can you were running?

Sent from another garage.
I don't think we'll need to. The plan right now is to just drill through the crash bar and run a bolt through. That might compromise some of the structural rigidity but at this point, it probably doesn't really matter that much anyways when its not the factory crash bar.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Hey guys any updates on the build?!!

Reactions: bman13235
861 - 876 of 876 Posts