Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Cobb support and PMd Braden @ Cobb but thought I would post this just as a heads up in case anyone else experiences a similar issue.

I finally finished my FMIC installation yesterday, the last component i needed to step up to Stage3. I was eager to load the tune and test it out on the road but the AP manager said my AP had a firmware update. I went ahead and let it update to the latest FW and then made sure the AP had the newest Stage3/93RON tune on it. Note: I did NOT uninstall the Stage 1 tune prior to this since I only just read on the forum that Cobb recommends this step.

No issues loading it to the car and it seemed fine on test drive. My FoST also appeared to be running fine when driving my wife and I to a show last night. When we went to leave it everything freaked out and said it was unable to communicate with all kinds of systems and car wouldn't start. Finally after doing every imaginable combination of things possible and getting pissed that the babysitter was waiting on us, thank god it somehow started, albeit with NO power steering and every DTC light lit up but at least I could get us home to the kids. I went out this morning and it is totally screwed up. It will absolutely NOT start, no idea how I got so lucky to get home last night, and it wont even respond to the push-button aside from coming on and telling me all the systems are not communicating.

I had to disconnect the battery to get it to power down so the battery didn't fully discharge. I thought that the new firmware updates were supposed to be stable ever since the issue last year with bricked ECUs. I know it is Sunday before a holiday, but I am hoping to get some kind of response from someone soon because I need to get this fixed ASAP so I can catch my flight to Vancouver in the AM.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cobb are overniting a new AP to me and I will send them mine back for them to examine and try to determine what caused the issue since there was not anything obvious that caused the freak out. Given the vehicle had been driven several times and about 50 miles then parked fora couple hours before it went haywire, it is not readily apparent what the issue is.

Cool enough that they are trying to resolve the issue as expeditiously as possible. Figuring I couldn't really do much more damage and wasn't going to get any support until after the holiday, I did get my FoST to fire up after hooking up the dual speed HS/MS-CANbus ELM32 OBD adapter and using the software I have on-hand, I went in and screwed around with pretty much whatever I could that might make it at least do something other than just sit there locked up. Now if I can just find out how the hell to get the stupid thing to stop honking at me when I step out of it while it is running :-/ ...and how to safely install remote start....I am already slacking and need get the installation of sun visor HomeLink and a RX Performance oil/air separation system on it written up and documented on the forum since I am pretty much done with mods to my SHO and am focused on he Focus....pun unintended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts