Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, here at EBC Brakes We like to offer a free set of pads each month to a randomly selected forum member.

In past giveaways We have discussed our first cars, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

We have been discussing amongst the EBC team music recently, and for the September pad (front or rear set) giveaway I would like to start a discussion about your desert island discs; If you were stranded on a desert island with only THREE records (and assuming a means to play them), what would you choose and why? Let us know the story behind your choice, if they have significant meaning to you or simply because its a killer song/album!

My choice would be;

The Beatles - The Yellow Submarine Soundtrack. Favourite song - Nowhere Man : I used to watch the cartoon-film with my Grandad when I was young, and although not an actual album, it has a sense of nostalgia for me.

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced. Favourite song - Red House : Rock music was all I would listen to as a kid, and this would 100% get me through any hard times stranded on an island!

Jurassic 5 - Power in Numbers. Favourite song - What's Golden : One of the first hip-hop albums I ever listened to that really made me fall in love with the Genre.

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st October 2021 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, remember EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake discs and pads for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Administrator
12,662 Posts
I was wondering what Sept's giveaway would be.

Haken - Visions , just a fantastic set of stories, and a killer album start to finish. I can listen to it on loop for eternity, all by itself, lol

Opeth - Ghost Reveries, another fantastic album start to finish. Really gets the whole spectrum of human emotion, and one of the best bands ever.

TYR - By the Light of the Northen Star , gotta get some Viking metal in there, Tyr just is awesome, and this album is fantastic. The tasty riffs, and all that Scandinavian folklore goodness. Just top notch.

I'd be set with these three, for sure.

C'mon now, I need better pads for the Bullitt. Lol

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
The Who- Who's Next? For Baba O'Riley alone.

Rush- A Farewell to Kings.

Robin Trower- Bridge of Sighs.

Listen and you'll know why.

Edit:
After a bit of thought, AquaLung by Jethro Tull...Great album start to finish.

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering what Sept's giveaway would be.

Haken - Visions , just a fantastic set of stories, and a killer album start to finish. I can listen to it on loop for eternity, all by itself, lol

Opeth - Ghost Reveries, another fantastic album start to finish. Really gets the whole spectrum of human emotion, and one of the best bands ever.

TYR - By the Light of the Northen Star , gotta get some Viking metal in there, Tyr just is awesome, and this album is fantastic. The tasty riffs, and all that Scandinavian folklore goodness. Just top notch.

I'd be set with these three, for sure.

C'mon now, I need better pads for the Bullitt. Lol
They would definitely get your spirits up and blood pumping, great choices!

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Who- Who's Next? For Baba O'Riley alone.

Rush- A Farewell to Kings.

Robin Trower- Bridge of Sighs.

Listen and you'll know why.
Great choices, will have to listen to them all again myself!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pink Floyd The Wall, for when I'm depressed about being stranded I can get even more depressed.

Led Zeppelin II, because the entire album is the opposite of depressing.

Deep Purple Made in Japan, because it can get lonely on a desert island and nothing cures that like being in a large crowd enjoying some of the best rock music ever performed.

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pink Floyd The Wall, for when I'm depressed about being stranded I can get even more depressed.

Led Zeppelin II, because the entire album is the opposite of depressing.

Deep Purple Made in Japan, because it can get lonely on a desert island and nothing cures that like being in a large crowd enjoying some of the best rock music ever performed.
Love those reasons :LOL: and great albums

·
Registered
706 Posts
REM-Life's Rich Pageant- Love every song on the album and it brings back nothing but good memories.
Apocalyptica-Amplified- A best of compilation of some Rockin' Finnish Death Metal cello! What's not to love?
Bad Religion-The Empire Strikes First- For those days when I want to rage against the stupidity of the World.

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
REM-Life's Rich Pageant- Love every song on the album and it brings back nothing but good memories.
Apocalyptica-Amplified- A best of compilation of some Rockin' Finnish Death Metal cello! What's not to love?
Bad Religion-The Empire Strikes First- For those days when I want to rage against the stupidity of the World.
Then Finn's sure know how to rock! Great choices

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's a really weird state-of-mind I just got put in guys @EBC Brakes UK , lol.

Probably the most listened to in my lifetime that never gets old: Antonio Vivaldi's 4 seasons (Trevor Pinnock's version),
Sound track to Star Wars (original)
Best of Kokua Festival (because island vibes!)

@Coolpool I almost went with Bad Religion, but even on the greatest hits albums with 40 songs doesn't cover all of my favorites, lol!

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
My choices:

Moving Pictures by Rush. So many good songs on that album
Day For Night by The Tragically Hip. This was the album I remember the most from High School Bus rides
American Woman by The Guess Who

I would say these have to be the best Canadian Bands of all time.

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
597 Posts
We have been discussing amongst the EBC team music recently, and for the September pad (front or rear set) giveaway I would like to start a discussion about your desert island discs; If you were stranded on a desert island with only THREE records (and assuming a means to play them), what would you choose and why? Let us know the story behind your choice, if they have significant meaning to you or simply because its a killer song/album!
I already won 2 months ago, but I still want to add my picks for fun

• Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - Because it's simply the most awesome piece ever assembled, ever.
  • AC/DC - Highway to Hell - For my rowdy moods, first experienced in a '74 Charger with a under-dash cassette deck
  • Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz - Ozzy's best piece ever and features one of the worlds finest guitarists to ever live.

It would be hell without having any Motorhead, but choices...

·
Registered
763 Posts
In no particular order
Syntax - The Meccano Mind (Japan version)
Tool - 10.000 days
Typhoon - Lobi da Basi

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a really weird state-of-mind I just got put in guys @EBC Brakes UK , lol.

Probably the most listened to in my lifetime that never gets old: Antonio Vivaldi's 4 seasons (Trevor Pinnock's version),
Sound track to Star Wars (original)
Best of Kokua Festival (because island vibes!)

@Coolpool I almost went with Bad Religion, but even on the greatest hits albums with 40 songs doesn't cover all of my favorites, lol!
Star Wars, what an awesome choice!

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My choices:

Moving Pictures by Rush. So many good songs on that album
Day For Night by The Tragically Hip. This was the album I remember the most from High School Bus rides
American Woman by The Guess Who

I would say these have to be the best Canadian Bands of all time.
All great albums, love the Canadian theme 'eyy!

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Coolpool

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you have that fits the AP Racing c8350 caliper? I believe its an hb521 pad shape
For some reason i cant find the CP8350 on our site, but it might be that it is under another reference number. I have copied a link below to all of our AP racing fitments, but when my colleague is back in office after the weekend i can find out for sure and will get back to you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts