Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBC Brakes Introduces Yellowstuff and Bluestuff NDX Performance Brake Pads for Mk4 Ford Focus ST

Much-loved road and track-focused friction materials now available for the recently-launched hot hatch

With its 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine, limited-slip differential (in the petrol variant) and many other sports-orientated features, the new Ford Focus ST (Mk4) has already gone down a storm amongst performance car fanatics around the world.

Owners who are particularly serious about their car’s performance will be pleased to learn that EBC Brakes has now launched both its acclaimed Yellowstuff and Bluestuff NDX replacement brake pad options for the front and rear axles of this vehicle, as well as a range of matching sports brake discs.

EBC Brakes Yellowstuff
Ultimate Street Pads
  • EBC’s flagship fast road and light track pad for all higher-powered cars and SUVs
  • Excellent cold bite and high temperature fade resistance
  • Drastically reduced stopping distances compared to OE equivalents
  • Progressive braking with unparalleled pedal feel
  • Ideal for: fast street driving and occasional track days

EBC Brakes Bluestuff NDX
Fast Street/Endurance Track Pads
  • Fastest street, endurance race and track material with highest friction from cold
  • Road legal for some European markets which require ‘NDX’ suffix road legal pads, but all other markets can use Bluestuff on road with excellent results, since unlike most race materials, this formulation has fantastic bite from cold
  • Surface scorched to eliminate ‘green fade’ and reduce bed-in time
  • Ideal for: fast street driving, track days and endurance racing

Application List
Yellowstuff
Part Numbers: DP42383R (front axle) / DP42384R (rear axle)
  • Ford Focus Mk4 2.3 Turbo ST (2019- ) 280bhp
  • Ford Focus Mk4 2.0 TD ST (2019- ) 190bhp

Bluestuff NDX
Part Numbers: DP52383NDX (front axle) / DP52384NDX (rear axle)

EBC Brakes
Still privately owned, EBC Brakes is a world leader in the manufacture of disc brake components. Expanding rapidly in the automotive industry, EBC Brakes has become a world leader in sport, high performance and race brake pads and discs with a massive range of products. EBC is proud to announce all of its brake pad materials are completely free from heavy metals and sulphides, making them eco-friendly.
EBC Brakes produces 100% of its brake pad range in its Bristol factory in the UK.

Get Yours
– Prices start from £69.19 (inc. VAT)
Where to buy EBC Products - EBC Brakes

·
Administrator
11,553 Posts
EBC Brakes Introduces Yellowstuff and Bluestuff NDX Performance Brake Pads for Mk4 Ford Focus ST

Much-loved road and track-focused friction materials now available for the recently-launched hot hatch

With its 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine, limited-slip differential (in the petrol variant) and many other sports-orientated features, the new Ford Focus ST (Mk4) has already gone down a storm amongst performance car fanatics around the world.

Owners who are particularly serious about their car’s performance will be pleased to learn that EBC Brakes has now launched both its acclaimed Yellowstuff and Bluestuff NDX replacement brake pad options for the front and rear axles of this vehicle, as well as a range of matching sports brake discs.

EBC Brakes Yellowstuff
Ultimate Street Pads
  • EBC’s flagship fast road and light track pad for all higher-powered cars and SUVs
  • Excellent cold bite and high temperature fade resistance
  • Drastically reduced stopping distances compared to OE equivalents
  • Progressive braking with unparalleled pedal feel
  • Ideal for: fast street driving and occasional track days

EBC Brakes Bluestuff NDX
Fast Street/Endurance Track Pads
  • Fastest street, endurance race and track material with highest friction from cold
  • Road legal for some European markets which require ‘NDX’ suffix road legal pads, but all other markets can use Bluestuff on road with excellent results, since unlike most race materials, this formulation has fantastic bite from cold
  • Surface scorched to eliminate ‘green fade’ and reduce bed-in time
  • Ideal for: fast street driving, track days and endurance racing

Application List
Yellowstuff
Part Numbers: DP42383R (front axle) / DP42384R (rear axle)

Bluestuff NDX
Part Numbers: DP52383NDX (front axle) / DP52384NDX (rear axle)

EBC Brakes
Still privately owned, EBC Brakes is a world leader in the manufacture of disc brake components. Expanding rapidly in the automotive industry, EBC Brakes has become a world leader in sport, high performance and race brake pads and discs with a massive range of products. EBC is proud to announce all of its brake pad materials are completely free from heavy metals and sulphides, making them eco-friendly.
EBC Brakes produces 100% of its brake pad range in its Bristol factory in the UK.

Get Yours
– Prices start from £69.19 (inc. VAT)
Where to buy EBC Products - EBC Brakes

View attachment 389780

Well, this is a North American based forum for the 2013-2018 mk3 Focus ST, we do not have a MK4 focus. Ford pulled their cars from USDM.

Good news for the UK I suppose, lol

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this is a North American based forum for the 2013-2018 mk3 Focus ST, we do not have a MK4 focus. Ford pulled their cars from USDM.

Good news for the UK I suppose, lol
We appreciate that some people like knowledge on other vehicle types and years in a similar bracket, hence why We post these things into 'similar' forums. :):)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey there EBC! I have a question.. I recently bought some apparently bad brake pads from a cheaper company on Carid that said they were "extreme". I went from about 130mph to about 80mph about 5 times and the pads just seemed to give up! It was kind of scary loosing about 70%-90% of my braking power at those speeds within about 8 minutes of driving.

Long story short, I have your EBC RP-X pads for the front and the EBC Yellowstuff Rear pads in my shopping cart at the moment hoping to upgrade soon. I really just want reliable brakes at hard to aggressive braking for more than 30 minutes of driving / track days.

Do you think your Yellowstuff pads will help me get there? or do you recommend the RP-X or something else? How many times do you think I could apply maximum braking power at ~100 mph before the Yellowstuff pads get too hot? Let me know! Thanks.

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there EBC! I have a question.. I recently bought some apparently bad brake pads from a cheaper company on Carid that said they were "extreme". I went from about 130mph to about 80mph about 5 times and the pads just seemed to give up! It was kind of scary loosing about 70%-90% of my braking power at those speeds within about 8 minutes of driving.

Long story short, I have your EBC RP-X pads for the front and the EBC Yellowstuff Rear pads in my shopping cart at the moment hoping to upgrade soon. I really just want reliable brakes at hard to aggressive braking for more than 30 minutes of driving / track days.

Do you think your Yellowstuff pads will help me get there? or do you recommend the RP-X or something else? How many times do you think I could apply maximum braking power at ~100 mph before the Yellowstuff pads get too hot? Let me know! Thanks.
RPX will do 30 minutes on track, no issue.
We’ve tested these in the GTR, and GT3 spec Porsche 911s, they last!

Balanced with Yellows in the rear should be a great setup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RPX will do 30 minutes on track, no issue.
We’ve tested these in the GTR, and GT3 spec Porsche 911s, they last!

Balanced with Yellows in the rear should be a great setup.
Thanks so much! I appreciate your help. I have the RPX and the yellows for the rear in the shopping cart already and I'm confident to order them today! Thanks!

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much! I appreciate your help. I have the RPX and the yellows for the rear in the shopping cart already and I'm confident to order them today! Thanks!
Remember to use the discount code, any issues let me know

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts