Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's to a new year, lets hope 2022 leaves 2021 in its smoke! To start the year off we at EBC Brakes would like to give you car enthusiasts the chance of winning one free set of pads (front or rear) for any vehicle of your choice. One randomly selected forum member can choose any pad from our entire range.

To enter for your chance to win, I would like you to share with us what you believe has been the number one mod/upgrade you have made to your vehicle that everyone should do?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st February 2022 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Biggest bang for the buck? A custom tune. Number one everyone should do, I gotta agree with ddfred, it's the FMIC.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Well, since my number one pick has been mentioned already. I'd have to go with jacking Rails of some type. I have steeda. Use em every single time the car gets jacked up

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Besides the IC, RMM has been the biggest improvement for me. I was not expecting the amount of difference it made.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Since the obvious answer is going to be intercooler I'll throw in my top three four 1. Intercooler 2. jacking rails 3. RMM 4.Cobb AP/Tune. All of them provide obvious benefits no matter what stage of mods you're at. Also, comfy pillows, fear and surprise!
Thanks @ryno9100 Forgot about RMMs. And you are completely correct.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would like you to share with us what you believe has been the number one mod/upgrade you have made to your vehicle that everyone should do?
Ok this will sound like an odd one, especially among this group but...
Kind of like the IT guy who has been at it so long that few gadget things even bother to impress him anymore, that's kind of how I am with cars these days. So performance modifications are more of a thing of my past outside of bolt-on and truly functional parts.
That being said, about 15 years ago, I had a Honda Civic, just your basic commuter junker with a manual gearbox. It was like driving a road noise amplifier with wheels on it, and it drove me nuts. My commute was 70 minutes one way to work.
After a month, I was planning out my audio system and what pieces to buy, etc, and one thing had become crucial: reducing the road noise. So phase one of my audio project was to Dynamat and HD foam the entire car.
This took me a full week to do, the car interior was completely gutted and by the time I was finished, my arms were near purple from all the bruising, reaching around inside of door cavities, etc. The job was one I hoped I'd never have to repeat. But then...
On my first drive to work in the car the following week, I quite literally couldn't believe the result. You could even talk on the cell using the speakerphone and whisper if you wanted to. It was almost like driving a Lincoln, road silence.
So yea, that was the most un-thrilling story I could possibly tell, but the most astounding difference or improvement from any modification I've ever made.

Hood Audio equipment Gas Machine Space

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Ethanol tuning.

What an awesome fuel for power. Great for turbos, great for N/A.

Currently chugging straight E85 in my Bullitt, making over 500 whp N/A. Which is just crazy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok this will sound like an odd one, especially among this group but...
Kind of like the IT guy who has been at it so long that few gadget things even bother to impress him anymore, that's kind of how I am with cars these days. So performance modifications are more of a thing of my past outside of bolt-on and truly functional parts.
That being said, about 15 years ago, I had a Honda Civic, just your basic commuter junker with a manual gearbox. It was like driving a road noise amplifier with wheels on it, and it drove me nuts. My commute was 70 minutes one way to work.
After a month, I was planning out my audio system and what pieces to buy, etc, and one thing had become crucial: reducing the road noise. So phase one of my audio project was to Dynamat and HD foam the entire car.
This took me a full week to do, the car interior was completely gutted and by the time I was finished, my arms were near purple from all the bruising, reaching around inside of door cavities, etc. The job was one I hoped I'd never have to repeat. But then...
On my first drive to work in the car the following week, I quite literally couldn't believe the result. You could even talk on the cell using the speakerphone and whisper if you wanted to. It was almost like driving a Lincoln, road silence.
So yea, that was the most un-thrilling story I could possibly tell, but the most astounding difference or improvement from any modification I've ever made.
I did something similar sometime ago to my '99 GT.....I had flowmasters, an x pipe and 4.10 gears....30 min commute was soo painful.
Instead of dynamat I used a very similar material and much cheaper I found at home depot called peel 'n seal or something along those lines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of the 1st modifications I did on my ST and I think should be a must, it's installing the Ford Performance exhaust. I think its perfect, loud when you need it but tamed at idle.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
563 Posts
I would say Catch Cans.
Font Audio equipment Auto part Die set Jewellery

Radium Engineering

Reactions: EBC Brakes

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
I did something similar sometime ago to my '99 GT.....I had flowmasters, an x pipe and 4.10 gears....30 min commute was soo painful.
Instead of dynamat I used a very similar material and much cheaper I found at home depot called peel 'n seal or something along those lines.
I can hear that car right now. 3000rpm of ear-bleeding tin-can flowmaster drone at 70mph.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
812 Posts
Driver education. Period.

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST2
72 Posts
All I have done on my car so far is the TB performance traction bar, so that is my favorite so far. It made a much bigger difference than I thought. The steering just feels more precise and the car turns in better. Should be installing the CPE stage 2 RMM tomorrow.. can’t wait to experience the difference.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts