Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Which Tire Would You Buy?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for new sneakers for my car. I am torn between the OEM's or the Michelin Super Sport. Which ones would you get?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Check out extreme contacts as well. Im on my second set now. They did a redesign not too long ago and have only gotten better which is hard to believe lol.

·
Registered
326 Posts
PSS, I am not impressed with my Eagle F1s

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If the choice was between the f1's or my adidas sneakers, I'm choosing the adidas.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
But guys, there are MANY pss tires :):):):)

And only one model is how it should be!
There is only one PSS tire, other than the new PSS4.

There are Pilot Sport Cup tires, but those are PSC lol

The Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire is above all other tires in it's class. They are incredible tires. And last quite a long time. The F1s aren't even cheap...maybe if they were cheap they would be worth it, but at like $180/tire last I checked that's stupid. PSS all day

·
Registered
255 Posts
The actual generations of the Pilot Sport....
Pilot Sport
Pilot Sport PS2
Pilot Sport 3
Pilot Super Sport
Pilot Sport 4S (newest, released this year)

I just put the Pilot Sport 4S on last week. Had 60k miles between two sets of F1's, and these PS4S are noticeably better...I'm having a hard time breaking them loose!

The only size available for 18" wheels right now are 245/40/18 because they are still so new. My last set of F1's were 245/40 and had a little outward bulge, the PS4S are more square and kinda rounded inward. I can take pics if you'd like to see the profile of them.

Edit: I haven't tried the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, I have only had the Asymmetric 2's. Tire Rack did a comparison between Asymmetric 3 and Pilot Super Sport, and the Super Sports were #1 (again). Pilot Sport 4S should still be king of street tires. Only thing better are R-compound, which aren't great on the street because you can't keep them warm enough (not to mention treadwear).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=218

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm very happy with my PSS's. I got about 27K (IIRC) from the F1s, but they were very slippery and very worn (the slippery part was admittedly fun). The PSS just grip and grip and grip - even now with about 30K miles. I'll be replacing them this fall most likely and will almost certainly get another set of PSS.

·
Administrator
11,884 Posts
Well, The PSS is better throughout a wider temperature range. It has more usable traction, and is ranked pretty much number one in everything for an extreme performance summer tire.

The F1 handles better though. It has a stiffer sidewall. The PSS swim some, and are less planted feeling.

Overall the PSS is the superior tire, but for ride feel at an optimal temperature, I dig the F1's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts