Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I’m going to try something special which I can’t seem to see anywhere in the forums. If you see it let me know. Anyway,

I’m wanting to convert my 2017 Fiesta ST to be able to run e85. I searched and I can’t find any kids or whatnot to get that’ll allow it to run e85.
I know the currrent fuel pump isn’t worth much and the fuel lines needed upgrades. But what
are other things to add to be able for it to run e85?
I’m thinking
Upgraded fuel pump
Stainless Steel fuel lines
Replace hoses and seals with e85 capable seals and hoses
Spark plugs
And lastly an ECM or tune to let the engine take e85

I trying to find something like delicious tuning has to out in the engine bay or cabin of the car for the computer to figure out the octane levels and adjust accordingly. So I can run e85, 87, 91, 93 where ever I am.
Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Stratified 4 port aux fuel kit(makes up for not having to replace the pumps)
There is an ethanol gauge available from someone that tells content and fuel temp I think.
Cobb accessport for switching maps/tunes for different fuel types.

Since these cars can run e15 from the factory it's said that the lines and seals are already safe for ethanol but I guess you can replace them if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
injectors? other than for running E30 i cant see a reason for doing this, outside of the turbo world everyone hates E85. im curious to know what something "special" youre planning to do.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
injectors? other than for running E30 i cant see a reason for doing this, outside of the turbo world everyone hates E85. im curious to know what something "special" youre planning to do.
What platforms hate e85? That's the first I heard. I see cars from FR-S to Mustangs running it.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
What platforms hate e85? That's the first I heard. I see cars from FR-S to Mustangs running it.
when i had my bmw 335, they loved running E30, so i was pretty shocked when i got my tundra that even the flex fuel tundras dont run E85. everyone says that you'll lose hp, lose mpg, and dirty up your oil faster. even the super charged guys wont touch E85. so when i got the ST and read on here that ya'll love E30, i just assumed it was a turbo thing. ive had two tacoma's, a sequoia, and now a tundra (im a toyota fanboy, almost got the 86, but its slow, and the back seats are a joke) and none of those guys recommend E85.

edit: i suppose i shouldnt have said "everyone" in my initial post.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
of course you will lose mileage going corn, you need more of it to make the same power. but it raising the octane make it very useful for boosted applications. the people that don't like it are not pushing their engines hard enough to need/want it, and are often fine with the convenience of just running pump gas.

big motor boosted cars like mustangs and camaros are usually don't need it cause they are running relatively low boost with stock internals. with the guys with built engines running higher boost will often choose corn over high priced raced fuel or having to keep a meth tank full. guys with smaller boosted engines always seem to be pushing them a lot harder and tend to have a lot more boost and can benefit more so corn is a lot more popular in these groups like ours.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
when i had my bmw 335, they loved running E30, so i was pretty shocked when i got my tundra that even the flex fuel tundras dont run E85. everyone says that you'll lose hp, lose mpg, and dirty up your oil faster. even the super charged guys wont touch E85. so when i got the ST and read on here that ya'll love E30, i just assumed it was a turbo thing. ive had two tacoma's, a sequoia, and now a tundra (im a toyota fanboy, almost got the 86, but its slow, and the back seats are a joke) and none of those guys recommend E85.

edit: i suppose i shouldnt have said "everyone" in my initial post.
Just saying you only referred trucks here when talking about not using ethanol. I'm not sure of too many cars or trucks that run full e85 from stock, most just run a mixture.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Just saying you only referred trucks here when talking about not using ethanol. I'm not sure of too many cars or trucks that run full e85 from stock, most just run a mixture.
Plenty of brands have flex fuel cars in their line up. Chevy and Ford particularity have lots of options:

Here is the difference in the mpg with the na focus between the two:

First post and you are quoting a three year old thread :) cheers on post #1

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
Plenty of brands have flex fuel cars in their line up. Chevy and Ford particularity have lots of options:

Here is the difference in the mpg with the na focus between the two:

First post and you are quoting a three year old thread :) cheers on post #1
Sorry for upsetting the post gods i should've known better.?

·
Registered
252 Posts
To comment on the topic, full E85 is unnecessary unless you're way up there in power and need the octane, or you're lazy and don't want to mix fuel. We have the capability, just gotta get aux fuel and a tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts