Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just tested some e85, but no idea what you do with it after you're done testing. I'm assuming the mixture of water to the E85 makes it not desirable in for use in the car.

Anyone else have the E85 handle discharge a bunch of liquid (assume its e85?) before actually pressing it to pump e85? The last couple times I went to the e85 station, after taking my payment, the moment I tilt the handle, a bunch of liquid comes out even before I hit the button for e85 and squeeze the handle. Is this old e85 that was left in the lines after the last person pumped it?

Thanks

Registered
My station has its own e85 pump, so the only thing ever in it is e85. If it smells like ethanol, it's probably ethanol...my pump doesn't drip on me but I wouldn't worry about it, there's probably always a bit of juice left in the straw. Last person probably didn't give it a good enough shake 馃槈

As for e85 and water tester, you are asking about what to do with like the ounce of alcohol? Yeah don't add water to your car. Just use it to clean something and then throw away the towel. It's mostly gonna evaporate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts