Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
I don't know of anyone using E3's; hard to make a comparison. I use Denso.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Can you gap a E3 plug?
As far as I know...no, but, apparently they now have a performance line which John Force advertises that he is using on his race team. I would imagine at the boost a funny car runs they would have to be gapped fairly tight.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
102 Posts
NGK get the stup cooler and be done with it
DO NOT USE E3!

Ecoboost engines need correctly spec'ed plugs, checked frequently. +1 on what Nick says

I have one sitting on my desk that blew it's insulator seal in my 92 F150 300ci I6.

I have 4 sitting at home that my first Subaru had a fit with because the resistance was no where near stock and the coil crapped itself.

My only success was in my riding lawn mower.

Reactions: nickbaldwin86

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as I know...no, but, apparently they now have a performance line which John Force advertises that he is using on his race team. I would imagine at the boost a funny car runs they would have to be gapped fairly tight.
No Gapping, just bending. Scary bending.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yes, I have used other plugs in many other vehicles. That's why I only posted the two choices in the title.

Which do you prefer ?

Stock motor at 75,000 miles. Usually running regular unleaded.
Have you used the E3 plugs yourself?

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
John Force uses them because they pay him to use them. Stick with Densos or NGKs, they're a known commodity in the ST. Save the E3s for your lawn mower.

Reactions: THNDRRR
1 - 13 of 13 Posts