Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test subject.
Wife's 2016 Mini pooper base 1.5 liter custom JB4 tune 15 pounds of boost. Yes the Mini's run in the 13 AFRs at WOT even stock on pump gas. I know it seems insane. Got my hands on a 5 gallon pail of meth and said what the hell lets try it. Checked MSDS and looked at stoich ratios for Methanol. Ethanol and Methanol are close but meth stoich ratio is a little lower. Fuel trims are fine on both Ethanol and Methanol with very little change. I know meth is more corrosive but not much more than Ethanol. People that cant get ethanol might want to consider meth as a alternative.

IMG_20170718_113738.jpg

E30 log

E30 log.png

M30 log

M30 log.png

Results

Untitled.png

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Test subject.
Wife's 2016 Mini pooper base 1.5 liter custom JB4 tune 15 pounds of boost. Yes they Mini's run in the 13 AFRs at WOT even stock on pump gas. I know it seems insane. Got my hands on a 5 gallon pail of meth and said what the hell lets try it. Checked MSDS and looked at stoich ratios for Methanol. Ethanol and Methanol are close but meth stoich ratio is a little lower. Fuel trims are fine on both Ethanol and Methanol with very little change. I know meth is more corrosive but not much more than Ethanol. People that cant get ethanol might want to consider meth as a alternative.

View attachment 259169

E30 log

View attachment 259145

M30 log

View attachment 259153

Results

View attachment 259161
I laughed out loud at the "Mini Pooper" reference, just throwing that in there.

Given the -300 weight advantage that thing is probably a little rocket. I would ALMOST want to drive it.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I laughed out loud at the "Mini Pooper" reference, just throwing that in there.

Given the -300 weight advantage that thing is probably a little rocket. I would ALMOST want to drive it.
It's quick but not fast. It's like driving a little gay go-kart lol. She loves it and tries to race everything.

·
Registered
625 Posts
VP M5 contains nitromethane and other goodies if you want to really make a difference. M3 is a nice in between if the jump to M5 is too much.

Neither M3 or M5 is suitable for mixing WMI for anyone following this. Stick to F&L pure methanol for that. You can use VP M1 but it's usually $5 more per 5 gallon pail.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VP M5 contains nitromethane and other goodies if you want to really make a difference. M3 is a nice in between if the jump to M5 is too much.

Neither M3 or M5 is suitable for mixing WMI for anyone following this. Stick to F&L pure methanol for that. You can use VP M1 but it's usually $5 more per 5 gallon pail.
The F&L seems like a great product. I mixed the remaining 3 gallons I had with 5 gallons of E85. I wish I had pure E then we could test Denatured Alcohol. Anyhow there is no phase separation with the 2 mixed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The F&L seems like a great product. I mixed the remaining 3 gallons I had with 5 gallons of E85. I wish I had pure E then we could test Denatured Alcohol. Anyhow there is no phase separation with the 2 mixed.
F&L is great. That's what I'm going to use to mix my own WM. DMP stocks it for $35 for the 5 gallon pail. Get to make 10 gallons of WM for just over the price if 4 gallons premixed.

F&L gas is great product as well. Always cheaper than VP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts