Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I should be getting my e30 tune tomorrow hopefully. Just wanted people's experiences on running the e30 mix. I get the basic concept of 3 gallons of e85 and the rest fill up on 93 at an empty tank. But I'm a fill my car once it hits a quarter tank type of guy. If I'm at a quarter tank of gas how many gallons on e85 should I do? Also will it hurt my car if I switch back to a 93 tune and have a half tank of the e30 min in my car? Any advice is welcome. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you fill it up from a quarter or even a half it doesn't matter. it's still the same ratio. That is provided you have 93 in the tank already. Put it this way, if you have an empty tank and put 3 gallons of e85 and 6 gallons of 93 you have 3 gallons of e85 and 6 gallons of 93 in your tank. If you have 1 gallon of 93 in your tank and you fill up 3 gallons of e85 and 5 gallons of 93 you still have 3 and 6 respectively.

Also just saw the other questions. Regarding running 93 tune on e30, don't do that your fuel trims will be really high and then when you go to straight 93 you will end up having them adjust again. Just run it down to about a quarter then fill with 93. that will leave you with just under a gallon of e85 which will be fine.

I ran E30 for a while and it is great for gains but I soon got over the mixing part and less mileage, especially when the gain was like 20whp. You can definitely feel it, to me it just wasn't worth the additional effort required any more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ran E30 for a while and it is great for gains but I soon got over the mixing part and less mileage, especially when the gain was like 20whp. You can definitely feel it, to me it just wasn't worth the additional effort required any more.
NA 4 banger guys would kill a puppy and buy a $2000 worth of bolt on's for 20whp.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
NA 4 banger guys would kill a puppy and buy a $2000 worth of bolt on's for 20whp.

damn right they would. But for me it wasn't enough to justify it haha. Also I found traction in second was non existent and third was better but it never got rid of the problem of no power up top. In any gear the car still didn't pull as hard after 5.5k rpm. To me it exacerbated the issue of it running out of steam up top as it would give you so much power down low then die. But like I said it is definitely a noticeable gain and if that's worth it to you then it's a great and cheap way to gain power (down low heaps up top a little).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do buy a tester and know what you are putting in your car. It can vary from e70 to e85 depending on season, location and station. Before getting tuned, find out what you are putting in the tank.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,156 Posts

Reading up on E30 and found this... I love this quote! 😂 😁

Wonder how many came to ST from a NA car and just installed a bunch of bolt ons and wondered why not much different? :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts