Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I'm on the freeway and this 90's Honda coupe is flying and there's a 2014 5.0 who decided to floor it so naturally I feel obliged to join in. I put it in 5th and take it to ~5500 rpm (didn't see speed) the Honda got left but the 5.0 wasn't as fast as it seemed. I was keeping even until I backed off. Anyone with stock turbo raced a 5.0? just curious to know the results. The 5.0 sounded like a muffler delete and was slammed. Doubt any performance mods.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,594 Posts
Definitely agree regarding bad driver. Couldn't weave through traffic to save his life. But in straights didn't fly away on me. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't weave through traffic? Or just sensible enough to not want to endanger too many lives?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
I personally feel that nobody other than maybe the 5-0 (Notice it's not the 5.0 you're referring to) or EMS should be good at weaving through traffic.

If there's others around you don't race please

·
Registered
207 Posts
:doh::LAME:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I just got a '15 5.0 and came from an E30 ST, the Mustang wasn't trying LOL.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couldn't weave through traffic? Or just sensible enough to not want to endanger too many lives?
Yeah I was in carpool so no weaving. He was trying to weave by going into the slow lane and then slam on the brakes. We had been together on the freeway for ~50 miles. And he was driving stupid to begin with. I went from fast lane to carpool lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Yeah I was in carpool so no weaving. He was trying to weave by going into the slow lane and then slam on the brakes. We had been together on the freeway for ~50 miles. And he was driving stupid to begin with. I went from fast lane to carpool lol
Wasn't trying to come across as a *fill in the blank* I just highly dislike people who act like how you are describing this Mustang. As long as you weren't doing it you're off the hook ;) We all partake in races in "Mexico" but I wouldn't ever do it on a busy highway.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wasn't trying to come across as a *fill in the blank* I just highly dislike people who act like how you are describing this Mustang. As long as you weren't doing it you're off the hook ;) We all partake in races in "Mexico" but I wouldn't ever do it on a busy highway.
Yeah! Haha no worries. I limit weaving cause you just look like a ****. I prefer straight lines. 'Murica.
Yeah this was on the 91 at like 1am lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love pulling up next to a 5.0 and he KNOWS he's gunna walk away from me and then he gets whooped lol. They're usually poor sports about it =/

·
Registered
738 Posts
I hang with Mustang guys for years now since my New Edge days.......with my E30, doing a 40mph pull, can hang with a stock 5.0 for about 1-2 seconds then my ST is getting a great view of 5.0 tails getting smaller. The torque in this car is addicting but Ive found once you get to around 4,000 rpms in the ST, 400+ horsie cars start pulling. Need a BT + to run with a Coyote....

But but but.........for the second time in a year, ran one of those fancy Caddy 2.0T's on a Mexican parkway......Im sure he was thinking he'd bury this little hatchback pos......until I put buslengths on him. Then I let off to zero throttle and he does the ghey flashers fly-by.

Reactions: cheap_ass_alex
1 - 17 of 17 Posts