Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Silly question, but are you letting it warm up any prior to driving to/from work, or are you just hopping in, turning it on, and heading out? Reason I ask is because it takes the car a little bit to warm up the O2 sensor and start using it for AFR readings. For me, it usually takes a mile or so before I notice the AFR stabilizing while cruising in the morning.
Wonder if it's just the computer running it REALLY rich for most of your commute and it's killing your mileage average. E30 doesn't burn as hot as gasoline either, if I remember correctly, so it could take longer to heat up the O2 sensor.
Yes, I do let it warm up for a few minutes..

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yeah thats too low... even when trying to get terrible mpg i havent seen it that low. I did a half a day of roll racing on E40 at around 400hp and still returned like 17mpg.

The car has to be just dumping fuel to get that low. Any symptoms like super rich AFR's, dark exhaust, fouled plugs..can you smell fuel lol?
Yes. You can smell fuel.. no dark exhaust. Plugs are new (about 1000 miles) rutheiums gapped to .026.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
i made a account. nuker121k is my username. i uploaded a datalog. how do i share it?
You upload the csv, then theres a "share log" in a drop down menu, something to that effect. Sorry, on mobile.

Reactions: NukerST

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
62 Posts
What is the actual mix your using when you fill up? (I.E 9 gallons 93 to 3 gallons E85). Biggest thing I see is fuel pressure drop and ltft high. The fuel pressure dips at the beginning of the pull and never really recovers the way it should. That could be because of to much ethanol.

Reactions: NukerST

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
What is the actual mix your using when you fill up? (I.E 9 gallons 93 to 3 gallons E85). Biggest thing I see is fuel pressure drop and ltft high. The fuel pressure dips at the beginning of the pull and never really recovers the way it should. That could be because of to much ethanol.
Ratios always depend on E content. No one should do a generic 3 gallons of E85 and 9 of Gasoline.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Ratios always depend on E content. No one should do a generic 3 gallons of E85 and 9 of Gasoline.
Yep, using AP3 for fuel level and an app to simplify things.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts