Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Nothing other than finding ethanol pumps.

Closest one to me is 10-11 miles away, next one after that is about twice that distance. One positive is that about 5-6 mins from California Speedway is a ethanol pump. I can also find several pumps in Northern California when I go to Sacramento or Sonoma to run the car.

By law California regulates it's E85 to 80% or more, no winter blends here.

The only negative is you can't run full E85 so you can't take the easy/lazy route of just filling up your tank with E85.

According to my tuner we can get more aggressive with the timing but as of now I see a max of 26 degrees of advance, my previous best ET and Trap speeds came from having at least 25 degrees of advance

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
No not that I can tell.

I got 30+ passes on E40 and 6 on E30.

All my data logs at the track get sent to my tuner. No problems at all from being lean or anything else. I can even go more aggressive with the timing, but right now I can't get the 25-26 possible on a regular basis.

Eventually I MAY move off ethanol because there are advantages to running 100% E85 that you currently can't do on this car and even when the RTR pump comes out it's a little cost prohibitive. The limit will still be injectors, with more power and current injectors only flow about 30% more on gasoline, much of that demand will be soaked up by running E85.

As recently tested by The Tuning School (you can check out there You Tube channel) nothing makes more power than C85 even at 40% mixed with 93 octane. M1 Methanol comes close, but I also think 50/50 Water/Methanol will equal at least E85 but you'll have to take the risk of tuning for it and replacing roughly 15% of your fuel flow with injecting water/methanol.

Sort off topic but that also addresses the octane problem and high charger cooler temps with this car.

When I move off ethanol, I will be likely running VP 101 + Water Injection. VP 101 has 10% Ethanol in it. Or VP MS109 the best unleaded racing fuel + Water injection.

Reactions: Mbiro594
1 - 4 of 4 Posts