Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did some searching and it looks like you can buy inserts in the UK to stiffen up the stock mount, Check this out:

POWERFLEX LOWER ENGINE MOUNT INSERT SET - FORD FOCUS ST MK3 - Torque Links - Drivetrain - Ford Focus ST250 MK3 - Home - JW Racing
So I come form the Volvo S40 world. That's the same part used for our lower mounts (same part number).

I had a heavily modified 2005 S40 T5, AWD....if that is in fact our mount in the picture on ExPatBrit's link, it is THE SAME as the Volvo S40/V50 mount. Considering Volvo was (is?) owned by FoMoCo when I bought my S40, it wouldn't be all that surprising. If that's the case:

Bushings: Polyurethane Bushings, S40/V50, C30/C70 - ViVA Performance
Upgraded mount: ELEVATE S40 Engine Torque Mount | Elevate Cars
Lower Rear Engine Torque Link - Vibra-Technics Compliance Technology

(I had the elevate mount on my S40 with the "street" bushing. Eliminated wheel hop, not much NVH. )

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ordered my Unleased and e-mount from Torrie yesterday...... Will pick up car on Monday

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yamazama and myself had a rattle is our ST's, different from the thump. Come to find out our rmm's were loose. Re-torquing them solved our issues. However, I was talking to my service rep about the eFocus rmm and we made a deal, I'll pay for it at or near cost and they'll switch them at no cost to me :cool2: So we ordered it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Poly inserts in my experience send natural vibes right through the body. Very noticeable at idle. I'm curious to know if its the same with this car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Got my new eFocus rmm installed today. And guess what, my Ford garage didn't charge me a thing!!! No charge form the mount or labor... it's still Christmas :big smile:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good deal. I did mine on my back in my driveway. Not fun that way. I bet much easier with a lift.
Mark I'm about to tackle this job on my back as well. How much of a pain in the butt was it really? I've removed RMM's before underneath cars, just usually requires some wiggle and tugging (that sounds so wrong....). I'll have it on ramps at least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hardest part was having room to pry motor forward to remove and install mount. On ramps you will have more room. Depending on there height.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm doing mine now. it's def a lil bit of a pain to get the mount out....time to start cursing until I get em swapped.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just swapped mine out a few days ago an with a little over 3000 miles it had already started to tear in the weak spots despite not really driving that hard since I got it. Debating taking the old part in and seeing if they'll reimburse me for the e-mount

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
I'm doing mine now. it's def a lil bit of a pain to get the mount out....time to start cursing until I get em swapped.
Are you able to push the trans and bits forward? If not you missed a bolt on the driver's side and up on the side of the transmission. Once that bolt is removed the OEM should be able to come out with no problems.

·
Registered
447 Posts
yeah so i am guessing the entire cat and bracket have to come out....this ****er is not budging......

yes pushed forward till it bottoms out on the car. i need another inch or so. I cannot get to the side bolts as the cat bracket refuses to come off

·
Registered
447 Posts
OK...that "cat bracket" is getting tossed...useless. I am going to have to take off the motor mount bracket that mounts on the trans in order to release the motor mount from the K member...I haven't heard of anyone having this much difficulty yet. stupid effing Focus rear motor mounts are a PAIN

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had the same problem don't worry your not alone. I just took it all off just remembered where everything went and only took like 20 minutes I was cleaning up and getting out from under the car

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
OK...that "cat bracket" is getting tossed...useless. I am going to have to take off the motor mount bracket that mounts on the trans in order to release the motor mount from the K member...I haven't heard of anyone having this much difficulty yet. stupid effing Focus rear motor mounts are a PAIN
The problem is no one admits to having an issue. Big difference.

I had a problem removing the OEM mount but it was because I overlooked the one bolt that was on the driver's side and back on top of the whole assembly that is able to swing forward.

Before then I was only able to inch the mount back and forth and it appeared to be caught.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts