Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus ST Owners,

Here is a chance for one San Jose area Focus ST owner to get your car dyno-tested on my dime (and get a Turbo Transformer if you want one) ...

There have been an increasing amount of requests from owners and potential customers from all platforms looking for dyno charts. I have booked a dyno for Friday, Feb 20 for testing multiple cars - I already have a Fiat 500 Abarth and a turbo Veloster lined up; I am still looking for a Fiesta ST and/or a Focus ST.

I would prefer that your car is as close to stock as possible. If you have a Cobb tuner that is also okay - we can test your car with the tune at the end of the day as well so you have something to show for your time and commitment.

The dyno is scheduled for Friday, Feb 20 in the afternoon; so obviously the volunteer would have to be free around 1 pm. The dyno cost me a pretty penny so whoever volunteers must be fully committed. If you like the product, you can also keep it as a compensation for your time and vehicle. PM me here or email me directly at [email protected] if you are interested.

I can only chose 1 car but others are welcome to come by and watch. Those who cannot make it will be able to join via a video stream which I will make available on my website. I will post details about the dyno day and the webcast in my forum once everything is final.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Still in need of ST's? I might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Woohoo! An extra # of boost, probably doing harm to the engine, for 200$! When you can get a used V2 accessport for 250ish$

·
Registered
631 Posts
The Turbo Transformer is not going to harm a car... many people, including myself are dubious about it's claimed gains. However, I do respect that ameya is willing to try to provide some level of public testing and is paying for that testing himself - good or bad - to provide validation for his product. Will it be as effective as a custom etune or a dyno tune? Probably not; but if it provides quantifiable gains and is relatively safe it is an alternative to those who are hesitant about obviously voiding their warranties or who do not want to take that "next step"....

... and besides, it's an opportunity for someone to get a base dyno for future reference. Why not?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woohoo! An extra # of boost, probably doing harm to the engine, for 200$! When you can get a used V2 accessport for 250ish$
This product has been discussed to death - advantages and disadvantages. In any case, I dont want to get into that argument.

As jseams mentioned, it is an opportunity for someone to get their car dyno'd and for everyone to see what the gains are.

Feel free to join the webcast if you are interested in watching the results or the actual test itself. Locals are welcome to join the actual event.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Turbo Transformer is not going to harm a car... many people, including myself are dubious about it's claimed gains. However, I do respect that ameya is willing to try to provide some level of public testing and is paying for that testing himself - good or bad - to provide validation for his product. Will it be as effective as a custom etune or a dyno tune? Probably not; but if it provides quantifiable gains and is relatively safe it is an alternative to those who are hesitant about obviously voiding their warranties or who do not want to take that "next step"....

... and besides, it's an opportunity for someone to get a base dyno for future reference. Why not?
I admit you have a good point! I didn't think of it that way :)
@ameya best of luck

·
Registered
158 Posts
So I see results posted on other ecoboost forums showing a dyno of 7+hp max and 40+ ft lbs. Why haven't you posted the dyno here? If it is a true result I am down to buy one until I can afford a tune. The area of the most improvement is from 3k or so until 5500 or so. That good enough for me for $200.

·
Registered
734 Posts
So I see results posted on other ecoboost forums showing a dyno of 7+hp max and 40+ ft lbs. Why haven't you posted the dyno here? If it is a true result I am down to buy one until I can afford a tune. The area of the most improvement is from 3k or so until 5500 or so. That good enough for me for $200.
@alpha2turbo - This coming from a guy that is now 'testing' out a COBB AP. I really loved the TurboTransformer. To the point that imho there is more power between the said power band you mentioned above. Now a proper tune does increase overall power (my $.02,) but if your looking for a great upgrade that will undoubtedly increase power, and slap a smile on your face...look no further.

Plus for the $200.00 price mark, you get way more bang for your buck. The TT by @ameya will give you more than enough power and time to think about other mods for the ST. I really enjoy the fact that you can still drive miss daisy back and forth to work without any worries and then in the next moment get that awesome extra power this thing packs. Also its Ford Maintenance friendly as no one knows its there!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Best of luck ameya. I'm interested in seeing the results. Have to give you credit for putting your money/rep on the line to prove the merit of this modification.

·
Registered
158 Posts
@alpha2turbo - This coming from a guy that is now 'testing' out a COBB AP. I really loved the TurboTransformer. To the point that imho there is more power between the said power band you mentioned above. Now a proper tune does increase overall power (my $.02,) but if your looking for a great upgrade that will undoubtedly increase power, and slap a smile on your face...look no further.

Plus for the $200.00 price mark, you get way more bang for your buck. The TT by @ameya will give you more than enough power and time to think about other mods for the ST. I really enjoy the fact that you can still drive miss daisy back and forth to work without any worries and then in the next moment get that awesome extra power this thing packs. Also its Ford Maintenance friendly as no one knows its there!
Nice. My next mod in the next few weeks is an intercooler then maybe I'll get the TT. Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice. My next mod in the next few weeks is an intercooler then maybe I'll get the TT. Thanks.
Cool! You went opposite me! I got the TT..and now looking for an intercooler. Although the factory one does a good job for fun HWY pulls and spirited little spins around the block. If your looking for longer duration driving under acceleration, then a FMIC is a great upgrade!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes sir, the results are real.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts