Ford Focus ST Forum banner

821 - 837 of 837 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Let's keep some more dyno sheets coming. Anyone have a Freektune OTS+ stage 1 dyno on a 2017-2018 using 93 octane?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dyno'd 11/17. 300.11 WHP 403.03WTQ
Green Filter Roush Intake
Depo Catless downpipe
Mountune Highflow cutback
Levels FMIC
~E35 Customer Tuning JST
IMG_6001.JPG

·
Registered
86 Posts
So here's my three dyno runs. Baseline totally stock, Modified by KC tune on 91 octane with mods in signature, same tune but with 93 octane.

dynocombo.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
2014 Focus ST3 (45,000 miles) with Ford Performance tune, Ford Performance cat back, Mountune intake, & Mountune recirculation valve. Using TorquePro to log and Virtual Dyno. Used this very flat and straight section of road many times before with the two Mazdspeed 3's I have owned and tuned with Accessport with very accurate results.

View attachment 2014 Focus ST Log 11-2-2018.bmp

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
2014 Focus ST3 (45,000 miles) with Ford Performance tune, Ford Performance cat back, Mountune intake, & Mountune recirculation valve. Using TorquePro to log and Virtual Dyno. Used this very flat and straight section of road many times before with the two Mazdspeed 3's I have owned and tuned with Accessport with very accurate results.

View attachment 352051
Nice, what specific settings did you use on the VD and was it a 3rd or 4th gear pull? Everytime i try and plug my torquepro data in VD it gives me chaotic charts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice, what specific settings did you use on the VD and was it a 3rd or 4th gear pull? Everytime i try and plug my torquepro data in VD it gives me chaotic charts.
Settings used were the supplied ones in the VD program (weight: 3223, Tire: 25.4, Final Drive: 4.063) plus driver weight. It was a 4th gear pull. And smoothing was set at: 1.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Settings used were the supplied ones in the VD program (weight: 3223, Tire: 25.4, Final Drive: 4.063) plus driver weight. It was a 4th gear pull. And smoothing was set at: 1.
Thats what i use plus Ive tried all smoothing settings and still just get crazy erratic zigzag chart graphs. Curious how much data you're logging on TP and how for how long, do you start your logging from a stand still and edit or do you wait till you've shifted into 4th? Only rpm, hp & tq?

·
Registered
412 Posts
02BDD601-57B4-4895-8944-9CC122C56B48.png
364 hp 361 tq 2.3l sp63 stage 1 build, gen 2 gtx2867r. 93 oct 21psi. no wmi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats what i use plus Ive tried all smoothing settings and still just get crazy erratic zigzag chart graphs. Curious how much data you're logging on TP and how for how long, do you start your logging from a stand still and edit or do you wait till you've shifted into 4th? Only rpm, hp & tq?
I start my logging in 4th gear at around 2500 rpm and run it untill the revlimiter kicks in at redline. That time was only rpm, hp, and tq logged. If that doesn't work it sounds like your road might not be that smooth or you are loosing traction even though you are not feeling it. When I do my logs I also turn off traction control, and the air conditioning.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Stratified 9.0 with 1 revision - 91 Octane, Stage 3, 5200 feet elevation. Virtual Dyno using default Dynojet corrections. Road had a slight dip in it which I went over around 4,000-4,500 rpm. That may have thrown off the early peak power. It was showing 267 at 5,000.

Strat 9.0 4th gear.PNG

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I start my logging in 4th gear at around 2500 rpm and run it untill the revlimiter kicks in at redline. That time was only rpm, hp, and tq logged. If that doesn't work it sounds like your road might not be that smooth or you are loosing traction even though you are not feeling it. When I do my logs I also turn off traction control, and the air conditioning.
I have some good stretches of road around here but I can't hardly do logs in 3rd gear anymore, at least until I get better tires and it warms up because I am losing traction now in 3rd so I'm stuck with 4 gear pulls which isn't as easy to accomplish safely all the time but there are times that are safe. I've learned that 4th gear pulls are more accurate anyway, that's what Stratified tells me.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
BTW, here is my current E30 tune since I got the catless DP on and AWE exhaust, hasn't been refined yet but here are the pulls I was able to do:

11-Jan-E30-Datalogs.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
First pull was the green 3rd gear. 226hp 312Tq, the next 2 runs are 4th gear pulls, heatsoaking like a mofo. Only mods are green filter, AWE track back and Strat 93 tune. This look about right to you guys? VirtualDyno.jpg

821 - 837 of 837 Posts