Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi CJ's. I ordered an Access Port V3 from you guys on Black Friday. It arrived here today, and low and behold I am stuck with a $40 Duty Charge at delivery...

You guys clearly advertise that my shipping rate to Canada is the price to my door:

And in this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/cj-pony-parts/41010-duty-fees-when-shipping-canada.html , @[email protected] confirmed this.

Can you please let me know whats going on? You guys made this right and refunded my duty charge last time this happened, I would hope you would do the same this time.

· Registered
191 Posts
Yes sir.... The joys of being a Canadian buying from the US. Don't know how/why anybody would right now anyways, seeing as how our dollar inst worth diddle squat LOL
Agreed, the dollar isnt worth much at this time but the duty charges are based solely on the value of the items brought in, its origins (a duty charge will be applied if outside of NAFTA (US MEX and CAN made) and taxed based on the province tax %, there isnt a charge of top of a charge.

Take the $ of the item you bought converted into CAD on the day it is processed at the border and add your provincial taxes if its built within NAFTA or expect a small surcharge if outside of it

The only company so far that charges a FAIR amount would be USPS since UPS will charge you 40-60$ just to handle the duty charges when USPS only charges 2-5$.

If the part is Made in Japan, then you would have an extra % added on top since it would be made outside of NAFTA and that percentile changes depending on the location it was purchased from.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So...CJ's, you guys gonna reply? That would be swell.
@[email protected]

Taxes or Duty or whatever its called, doesn't matter. Its advertised the shipping price is to my door, and that was not the case.

· Registered
431 Posts
You know how the duty system works and are a resident impacted by said system. Rather than trying to put these guys on blast because you feel that "shipped to your door" includes duty tax, you should be just email them or call them privately to discuss. If they're a vendor which doesn't work in your favor for value because of the duty system, find vendors who are. For example, Stratified is a Canada based company.

· Registered
666 Posts
So...CJ's, you guys gonna reply? That would be swell.
@[email protected]

Taxes or Duty or whatever its called, doesn't matter. Its advertised the shipping price is to my door, and that was not the case.
Sorry I just saw this. I'm on 50+ forums and cover all of our Social Sites so things sometimes slip past me. I understand that you guys have to deal with frustrating shipping charges but if this has happen before then your fasted way of figuring out why you were charged and having the issue fixed would be to call the store as the sales and customer care line are open 24 hours. They are the team that would handle this and get everything straighten out. I would call up with your order number and explain to them what is going on and see why this might be happening.

· Registered
74 Posts
so taxes on top of taxes?
You shouldn't be paying their state taxes as the package is not staying there but you SHOULD be paying Canadian Taxes.
I just ordered from CJ and had a great experience and fee's were as expected. I didn't pay local taxes there but did pay CAD.
I rarely order from the US for this reason, specially when our dollar sucks ballz. It was something I couldn't get locally within
the time frame I wanted the items within. Any Canadian should expect to at least pay their provincial taxes. The only online company I have dealt with where you pay EVERYTHING up front is Tirerack where they charge you for Duties and or Taxes and when they ship have it billed to their account. There are VERY FEW US shippers that do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.