Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
@[email protected] think I have the same issue, just sent you an email about it, this was the only thread I found related to my issue, very similar, I am on my low boost tune until the clutch is broken in, was on my way to work, hit 7 LBS of boost and wam, terrible limp mode, thought I popped a charge pipe, its a nasty limp mode.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
@[email protected] think I have the same issue, just sent you an email about it, this was the only thread I found related to my issue, very similar, I am on my low boost tune until the clutch is broken in, was on my way to work, hit 7 LBS of boost and wam, terrible limp mode, thought I popped a charge pipe, its a nasty limp mode.
Hey so found that this issue was a torque limit table in the tune that needs to be raised a bit. Some people don't hit whatever the stock values are and while experimenting with a tuner after coming across this issue it was a torque table that had to be raised. We tested by setting a low value, and easily reproduced just taking off in 1st gear. Set the value higher than the original and it has never come back. I guess the ECU calculates estimated torque being made and if you go over that it goes into limp mode thinking something is wrong.

Did you get the same error code or something else?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey so found that this issue was a torque limit table in the tune that needs to be raised a bit. Some people don't hit whatever the stock values are and while experimenting with a tuner after coming across this issue it was a torque table that had to be raised. We tested by setting a low value, and easily reproduced just taking off in 1st gear. Set the value higher than the original and it has never come back. I guess the ECU calculates estimated torque being made and if you go over that it goes into limp mode thinking something is wrong.

Did you get the same error code or something else?
Same code: P061B , need to get it fixed, don't think I'm going to be able to do a WOT pull without throwing it into limp mode.

I'm breaking in the clutch so I won't be doing one for another week most likely, but still need it fixed, would like to drive to and from work without having to worry.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Same code: P061B , need to get it fixed, don't think I'm going to be able to do a WOT pull without throwing it into limp mode.

I'm breaking in the clutch so I won't be doing one for another week most likely, but still need it fixed, would like to drive to and from work without having to worry.
I found it was fine as long as I didn't WOT in 1-2nd gear. Could not reproduce the issue in any other gear - so for now you may be OK. Just don't get on it until you get to a higher gear, 3-4. I didn't even need to be WOT for it to happen lol. Stratified should be able to hook you up though.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yeah this has happened 2X now, both times in 2nd gear but not even close to WOT, maybe 1/3 throttle and both times at no more than 7 PSI.
Hey SlowestSVT,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about this? Our certified techs will be best to inspect and diagnose. What's the model year and current mileage on your ST?

Nick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread but I'm throwing this code with my 93 SCT X4 (out of the box) tune. Funny thing is, so far I can only reproduce it when I load the tune with anything other than stock on throttle response. On initial run it does fine with no issues, even after several hard pulls. However, when I stoo the engine and start again, usually I drive normal and launching the car from a stop or slow roll it throws limp mode. Re-setting the throttle response back to stock fixes it but just weird. I though I blew a charge pipe but after reading through this thread it seems this torque limit may be my issue. Has anyone else had issues with SCT with this? Do I need to get custom tuned now on just a CAI mod? Was wanting to hold off until i get some more serious mods done. Appriciate any advice here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Got this code this AM while giving it 1/3-1/2 throttle in 2nd gear. Limped home. Started it back up and it's fine. Sent an email and FB message to @[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
Just had this happen to me while reversing. Low throttle. What was the solution here? Strat tune
Turn off the car, turn on. It's a Torque miscalculation error. What probably happened was a brief slip where you applied too much throttle/boost in reverse and it threw the code.

It's happened to me a couple times when I did that.

You can clear the code on the AP.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts