Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the other day my low beam light went out (it's a brand new bulb so I knew it wasn't that) and the LED Strip above the light went out as well and the passenger side LED strip starting flickering, still under warranty so I made an appointment with Ford and this is what they just told me. $217 to fix my light bc they said that it wasn't factory done and voided the warranty that the connectors were wrapped in tape?!? I haven't even touched the lights since I bought the car and that's what I told them that I bought it brand new and that's how it came from Ford and he was like well I'm just letting you know what my mechanic supervisor is telling me....so with all that said..anyone out there have any problem like this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So, the other day my low beam light went out (it's a brand new bulb so I knew it wasn't that) and the LED Strip above the light went out as well and the passenger side LED strip starting flickering, still under warranty so I made an appointment with Ford and this is what they just told me. $217 to fix my light bc they said that it wasn't factory done and voided the warranty that the connectors were wrapped in tape?!? I haven't even touched the lights since I bought the car and that's what I told them that I bought it brand new and that's how it came from Ford and he was like well I'm just letting you know what my mechanic supervisor is telling me....so with all that said..anyone out there have any problem like this before?

This probably isn't the best place on the forum for this post to get seen lol, but if I were you, I'd tell them their full of sh!t and either insist they change their minds or go to another dealership. Absolutely 0 reason why this would be denied if you seriously didn't touch it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Or just go to another dealer regardless, if they give you 'tude about it, they could very well purposely leave some screws out or something else stupid like scratch it because they're salty. Talk to that guys supervisor, because the guy you talked to is probably just a lackey, but if he says the same, tell them to p!ss off. Oh, and while you're at it, if they're throwing a fit about tape, ask them about how they do the wire splice engine harness recall and get the popcorn ready.

Regardless, it sounds like a ground issue or possible blown fuse.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Go to another dealership. That's ballsy of them to even suggest if it's truly stock. I'd be willing to bet you'll have no problem at ANY other dealer.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The more I think about this the more I realize I'd be seriously so pissed off lol like really? F___ing tape on the wires? TAKE OFF THE TAPE AND CHECK if you think it is spliced lol. The wires are stock underneath, so the tape makes no difference. That's like if I put tape on my steering wheel which snapped in half and them denying it because I taped the wheel lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I did, I basically told the guy to nicely go fk himself that I'd look into it and do it myself so then he charged me $105 for them to do the diagnostics check on it, so I paid the 105 today only for it to tell them it was the connector....I was really pissed at that point

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was expecting a thread about taking out the drivers side headlight for direct air to the intake :haha:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you pay a diagnostic fee if you are under warranty?
Exactly what I fking said to the guy but said since my headlight warranty is now voided that I have to pay the amount of $105 for the diag. Really pissed me off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts