Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I installed my Levels FMIC my charge temps maintained 16-18* above ambient, no matter what I did or how I drove.

Installed my catless downpipe and Stratified tune, and now my charge temps stay about 5* UNDER ambient temp. Pleasantly surprised, but what caused it? Kinda thought without the restriction of the cat the turbo runs more efficient and maybe that lowered the temps? Or did Stratified tune do it?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
After I installed my Levels FMIC my charge temps maintained 16-18* above ambient, no matter what I did or how I drove.

Installed my catless downpipe and Stratified tune, and now my charge temps stay about 5* UNDER ambient temp. Pleasantly surprised, but what caused it? Kinda thought without the restriction of the cat the turbo runs more efficient and maybe that lowered the temps? Or did Stratified tune do it?
I believe Stratified said something in the past about the stock tune charge temps being wrong. They have an error in coding or something in finding their charge temps in the stock tune and with a tune only from them (and probably others) it'll look a lot lower. It's the same as it was (well...it's lower since you have a bigger intercooler now lol...but you know what I mean) and it is actually accurate now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts