Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I am going to be buying some performance upgrades for the ST during these upcoming black friday sales and wanted to make sure I am not missing anything/headed in the wrong direction.

What I currently have besides shifter mods:
TB performance traction bar
Boomba recirc BOV
Green Filter

Plan on purchasing:
CPE lightweight FMIC (Ford Focus ST Lightweight ?Core? Front Mount Intercooler - cp-e?)
Mountune RMM (mountune Roll Restrictor / Rear Motor Mount - Focus ST, 2363-RR-AA)
FSWERKS Cool-Flo inlet tube (FSWERKS Cool-Flo Turbo Inlet Tube Kit - Ford Focus ST 2013-2016)

Then I plan on a Cobb AP3 with a stratified tune after installing all that over the winter.

Anything you would add to make the overall ride better? Any small things I am missing that would make an impact? I am open to hearing thoughts and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I am looking for a real fun DD. Something that you can really have fun with but if I get pulled over won't set off alarm bells with the officer. I don't want to come off as a racer, and probably couldn't pull it off anyways :sad:

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Personally I'd skip on the inlet tube as an intake really doesn't do much for our platform(being that you already have the Green filter). I'd save that money to get the AP sooner, will you not regret it. Other than that I was going to say shifter mod and spark plugs.

EDIT: I'd do a snorkel before inlet tube

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Personally I'd skip on the inlet tube as an intake really doesn't do much for our platform(being that you already have the Green filter). I'd save that money to get the AP sooner, will you not regret it. Other than that I was going to say shifter mod and spark plugs.

EDIT: I'd do a snorkel before inlet tube
This would probably net the most benefit to your car. Although a better filter is the only intake related thing that actually helps a noticeable amount...and it's very miniscule of a difference.

The tune will make it a better difference though!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Better handling = more fun. What you done to your suspension? Lower/stiffer suspension is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys! So plugs and maybe a velossa tech big mouth?? I was unsure on the intake since everyone says they don't do much, but then every "stage" kit (I know they are hated) adds one, so I thought I should too. I guess that shows me what that type of "follow the leader" thinking gets me! Any tips on plugs, I see people are using the "one step colder" ones, I don't know much about spark plugs though if we are being honest.

I am wintering my ST up here in Mass, so I plan to install these pieces slowly over the winter, then once they are on and I make sure they are running right I will install the AP3.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better handling = more fun. What you done to your suspension? Lower/stiffer suspension is a must.

I could do stiffer, but not lower, I live on a dirt road and I would ruin the car in a day if I take it much lower, and to be honest too much stiffer and it might rattle apart up my driveway. I was thinking about a rear bar to go with the front traction bar? What would you reccomend?

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
I could do stiffer, but not lower, I live on a dirt road and I would ruin the car in a day if I take it much lower, and to be honest too much stiffer and it might rattle apart up my driveway. I was thinking about a rear bar to go with the front traction bar? What would you reccomend?
I'm a big fan of the JBR rear sway bars. They are built super solid, and are dead sexy. I believe on their stiffest setting they offer the most resistance out of all available sway bars.

Ask your tuner what spark plugs they want you to run, and what gap to run them at. Each tuner kinda leans their own way.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A dirt road, why didn't you say so! In that case..... lol

I actually would love to make it a rally car, just have no idea where to start! Plus with my truck I've learned it's expensive to have too much fun, so sticking to the pavement 99% of the time might be the better (cheaper) route lol

Reactions: FourD

·
Registered
255 Posts
Reactions: Toadster

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys! So plugs and maybe a velossa tech big mouth?? I was unsure on the intake since everyone says they don't do much, but then every "stage" kit (I know they are hated) adds one, so I thought I should too. I guess that shows me what that type of "follow the leader" thinking gets me! Any tips on plugs, I see people are using the "one step colder" ones, I don't know much about spark plugs though if we are being honest.

I am wintering my ST up here in Mass, so I plan to install these pieces slowly over the winter, then once they are on and I make sure they are running right I will install the AP3.
I run the VelossaTech Bigger mouth and the Denso ITV22's.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's a pretty cool set up for the website. Maybe someone will buy you some goodies lol
Exactly! lol. Pretty convenient since you can't find 'everything' on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts

Everyone includes an intake tube with their "staged" kits because it generates income. The factory intake tract flows more air than the turbo can; an aftermarket filter works fine and no changes needed unless you decide to go with a bigger turbo. Have Fun!!!

Edit: once you are tuned your tuner will advise on spark plugs; I run the Denso ITV 22...one step colder.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright, one last question before I order a rear sway...and it might be a stupid one but I can't find a straight answer after a few google searches. With a front traction bar, should I also get a front sway? I know they do two different things, I am just unsure if it is needed or if they would even both fit? Sorry if it's a dumb question but you guys have been good so far!

EDIT: Looks like it is overkill and not needed from some better researching on my part!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts