Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week my 2016 has been acting up. Different things aren't working. The doors can't lock, no window control, no audio, no backup camera, no key less entry features (locking, unlocking, or the keypad). I opened FORScan and read the codes, the listed issues do show up in codes.
Was there a recall for 2016 models for these issues that anyone knows of? Has anyone else had these issues and were you able to fix them?
I am planning taking it in this weekend to get it looked at. Any information is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance. FocusST Codes.PNG

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
sounds like your cars battery needs replaced, have you checked the sitting voltage of the batter,or cranking amps?

That seems to be the fix for everything electrical issue related.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I also think it may be the battery. Are you still running the one from factory ?

Is that the voltage when cranking ?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
if not the battery then the body control module from the list of issues.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Before you take it in anywhere and spend money, have your local autoparts or battery shop test the battery. These cars do very strange things when he battery is dying. Would be an easy and cheap fix if that is the case and you won't have to spend any money with a shop diagnosing it.

Edit: But I guess that battery may be covered under warranty if that's what you meant by take it in??

·
Registered
394 Posts
This past week my 2016 has been acting up. Different things aren't working. The doors can't lock, no window control, no audio, no backup camera, no key less entry features (locking, unlocking, or the keypad). I opened FORScan and read the codes, the listed issues do show up in codes.
Was there a recall for 2016 models for these issues that anyone knows of? Has anyone else had these issues and were you able to fix them?
I am planning taking it in this weekend to get it looked at. Any information is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance. View attachment 312265
I just had something like this happen. No window control, mirror control, no interior lights. The battery had gone dead overnight. I jumped it and got it running, but these things didn’t reset until the car was restarted after the battery was charged back up

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll go get the battery checked and charged up before I take it in to see if there is something else wrong.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After testing different things I think I may have figured it out. Things would go wrong sometimes on hard acceleration and hard decceleration. So I figured a connector was loose. I ended up taking apart the fuse box right in front of the battery (only houses the big fuses no relays). one of the nuts was loose and allowed the terminal to disconnect from the conducting plate. I have tightened down this nut and will see in a few weeks to make sure this totally fixed the problem.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I took my '16 in for the second (free) oil change and it had a bad battery and was replaced under warranty. I hadn't noticed anything odd, except I did notice that it was cranking just a little slower on startup.

·
Registered
651 Posts
After testing different things I think I may have figured it out. Things would go wrong sometimes on hard acceleration and hard decceleration. So I figured a connector was loose. I ended up taking apart the fuse box right in front of the battery (only houses the big fuses no relays). one of the nuts was loose and allowed the terminal to disconnect from the conducting plate. I have tightened down this nut and will see in a few weeks to make sure this totally fixed the problem.

Nice find! That saved you a much larger headache..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts