Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this isn't exactly electrical so I apologize if this is the wrong subforum to post this...

I have a 2016 Focus ST1 and am trying to sound deaden the doors. Unfortunately after taking off the front door door panel I am greeted by a crappy clear plastic water shield. I have seen in other posts and videos where some cars came with solid foam water shields instead. So my goal was to try to find those but have so far been unsuccessful. All I could find were these:

CM5Z-58237A04-C Water Shield
CM5Z-58237A05-C Water Shield

At about $40 each I thought for sure I had found what I was looking for. But, as I opened the box today I felt like an idiot. They were the exact same crappy plastic shields. Unbelievable that those would cost that much...

So, any chance someone knows the part number for those nice foam water shields? Or have a couple to sell? I only need the front doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible, but the door panel goes into the door a little bit. So sealing up that hole with deadener isn't that simple and will never really be great. That is more of a last resort.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not to sure myself, but I see your in tampa. Join the bay area st group on facebook and ask on there someone may be able to help. There is some good info on there too. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called a bunch of dealerships today and Ford directly and no one seems to know. Such a random part. I did find that they changed the model at some point. From CM5Z-58237A04-A to CM5Z-58237A04-B to now CM5Z-58237A04-C. But no one is able to confirm the material and not able to get the A and B variations anyway.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I called a bunch of dealerships today and Ford directly and no one seems to know. Such a random part. I did find that they changed the model at some point. From CM5Z-58237A04-A to CM5Z-58237A04-B to now CM5Z-58237A04-C. But no one is able to confirm the material and not able to get the A and B variations anyway.
On my 2013 ST1 (using my VIN), the parts are as listed below, and yes, they are now up to the C variant.

The part is/was made from stiff but flexible, molded closed cell foam, a few millimeters thick. I took my driver's door card off to replace the open-limiting strap (which had cracked, so got to see this part up close.)

Hope that helps,
Mark

WATER SHIELD, LEFT for 2013 Ford Focus|CM5Z-58237A05-C
WATER SHIELD, RIGHT for 2013 Ford Focus|CM5Z-58237A04-C

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mark, glad to know I am not crazy at least! Unfortunately that part number that comes up for you now, CM5Z-58237A04-C & CM5Z-58237A05-C, will NOT be the foam piece you currently have. It will be the thin sheet of plastic kind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone still following this, I was able to find what I was looking for at a junkyard today. They are from a 2012 Focus. The part numbers are:

CM51-A237A04-AA - Front Passenger
CM51-A237A05-AA - Front Driver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts