Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. apologies. New user here.

I have an issue with the door sill on my 14" ST. Half of the LEDs have stopped working as per this video :

The question I have is I want to repair it like the guy in the video however don't know how to disconnect it. So far I have managed to remove the black plastic bit from the door by simply pulling it off but there is a ribbon cable which goes inside and I don't want to break it completely -

Anybody know how to disconnect it?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. apologies. New user here.

I have an issue with the door sill on my 14" ST. Half of the LEDs have stopped working as per this video :

The question I have is I want to repair it like the guy in the video however don't know how to disconnect it. So far I have managed to remove the black plastic bit from the door by simply pulling it off but there is a ribbon cable which goes inside and I don't want to break it completely -

Anybody know how to disconnect it?

Many Thanks
Great video very detailed I am going to look at mine, it's the drivers side

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have the OEM LED sill plates, which I installed in June on a 2017 Focus ST. They look really nice, but I could not get them to light at all, so I disconnected the wiring. The Ford instructions show the wires spliced into two wires (red and black from each side) on a plug on the BCM which is under the passenger-side kick-panel (on US cars).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts