Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

Had a 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2 that I traded in 1.5 years ago to lease a Wrangler Unlimited. Been missing that car ever since I got rid of it and have been researching getting another ST for a few months already. With production possibly moving over to China and the $4k in Ford incentives I've been seeing I suppose this may be the best time for me to get back into a Focus ST. Wondering if anyone out there got out of a lease early in order to get their ST. Looking for experiences and if anyone had to eat a bunch of money to do so.

MSRP for an ST2 is what, $29,330? Right? SO, minus the $4k in Ford incentives and the $2,116 posted in dealer discount (Chapman Ford in Lancaster, PA) puts me at $23,214. 7% sales tax for NJ is $1,625. Add in about $275 in doc fees and estimate DMV fees at $400 and I'm at about $25,514 to finance, no money out of pocket. Chart way Credit Union has a 2.24% APR advertised that I'd qualify for and I'm looking at approximately $379 a month.

Thoughts from anyone out there? Good deal or could I do better? Also, again, if anyone has experience leaving a lease early feel free to chime in. Im especially curious to see what happens there because that payoff amount on the Wrangler is less than KBB posted amount on what I could expect on a trade-in. Any help or input is appreciated.

-Nick

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks like that dealer offers 0% through Ford. Would you not qualify for that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like that dealer offers 0% through Ford. Would you not qualify for that?
I have no reason to believe I wouldn't. However, I don't think you can get the $4k off if you take Ford's 0.0% interest rate. It drops down to $1,000

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey everybody!

Had a 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2 that I traded in 1.5 years ago to lease a Wrangler Unlimited. Been missing that car ever since I got rid of it and have been researching getting another ST for a few months already. With production possibly moving over to China and the $4k in Ford incentives I've been seeing I suppose this may be the best time for me to get back into a Focus ST. Wondering if anyone out there got out of a lease early in order to get their ST. Looking for experiences and if anyone had to eat a bunch of money to do so.

MSRP for an ST2 is what, $29,330? Right? SO, minus the $4k in Ford incentives and the $2,116 posted in dealer discount (Chapman Ford in Lancaster, PA) puts me at $23,214. 7% sales tax for NJ is $1,625. Add in about $275 in doc fees and estimate DMV fees at $400 and I'm at about $25,514 to finance, no money out of pocket. Chart way Credit Union has a 2.24% APR advertised that I'd qualify for and I'm looking at approximately $379 a month.

Thoughts from anyone out there? Good deal or could I do better? Also, again, if anyone has experience leaving a lease early feel free to chime in. Im especially curious to see what happens there because that payoff amount on the Wrangler is less than KBB posted amount on what I could expect on a trade
Yes, that is a great deal on an ST2. I bought mine new from Fred Beans in Doylestown with the Ford D plan through my dad who is an employee of the dealer working remotely from 2.5hrs from the dealership, which brought 29,330 to 27,something and 2500 in rebates. I didn't want to make multiple trips down to test drive and then sequentially sign stuff so I did my test drives near home, picked from the online catalog, got price quotes, picked the ST, and drove down and signed everything all at once. It was a bit of a hassle, but it was worth it for the savings. So if you get the ball rolling, you could buy from that Lancaster dealer no problem. By the way, NJ sales tax is now 6.875% to make up for the $0.25/gal gas tax, because that so evens it out :disappointed: but regardless of that, if you buy in PA, you pay PA sales tax which I think is 6%. My final sticker price was like 25,500, I bought gap insurance and a paint and wheel scratch insurance which added about 1000, then tags taxes fees brought me to the final OTD of 27,300ish I think. I can look over my paperwork tonight if you were really interested in exact numbers. My monthly payment is $415.90 for 72mos at 2.68% from Fred Beans. Regarding the lease, you gotta talk to the dealer of origination probably. I've never leased, but I assume there will be a cancellation fee and I'm not sure if you can trade it in to Lancaster or if it needs to be returned to where you leased it from.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you considered a pre-owned? I get wanting to own a new car but as fun and fantastic as the Focus ST is, the depreciation is no joke. You can probably find a good deal if you shop around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Have you considered a pre-owned? I get wanting to own a new car but as fun and fantastic as the Focus ST is, the depreciation is no joke. You can probably find a good deal if you shop around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
thats the truth...LOL I went to trade my loaded st3 2 weeks ago on a killer deal for a 17 gt premium trackpack car... dealer offered me 14k for my car as is..I laughed until i cried.

Reactions: Straightline

·
Banned
7,049 Posts

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Idk, just curious if you got a new car lol. Those track pack stands are epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let me tell you.. had they not screwed around so long on the trade process and pissed me off, then after they came up and offered me something decent for the car (decent being garbage but better than 14k), it was so late and I didnt like Fords credit rates. It was 9pm at that point (4 hours later) and nothing but automated BS to run credit through so I walked on the deal after running ford credit. The higher interest rate was going to raise my monthly payment more than I wanted it to without reason. I was going to go to my credit union and get the loan for the full amount and sell my car outright but after sleeping on it I was so pissed about it I refused to go back. So i'll keep it another year, and this time next year i'll buy a 2018 when the prices are stupid cheap again

Reactions: SiThlord

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
let me tell you.. had they not screwed around so long on the trade process and pissed me off, then after they came up and offered me something decent for the car (decent being garbage but better than 14k), it was so late and I didnt like Fords credit rates. It was 9pm at that point (4 hours later) and nothing but automated BS to run credit through so I walked on the deal after running ford credit. The higher interest rate was going to raise my monthly payment more than I wanted it to without reason. I was going to go to my credit union and get the loan for the full amount and sell my car outright but after sleeping on it I was so pissed about it I refused to go back. So i'll keep it another year, and this time next year i'll buy a 2018 when the prices are stupid cheap again
Nice, I really really like the track pack stangs. I want one bad but the st is paid off and cheap.... errrgggghhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am on my second ST. I had a 2013 ST1 for about 2 years and 50k miles. It was good to me. Just picked up a 2015 ST3, magnetic gray. I am going to keep her mostly stock because I have a fox body racer in my garage. The ST is my DD. (mostly stock, LOL)

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Never cared about any mustang. Until I got my ST. Now I cant stop thinking about the next step up lol.

Reactions: CrosleyPop

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I have no reason to believe I wouldn't. However, I don't think you can get the $4k off if you take Ford's 0.0% interest rate. It drops down to $1,000
I went into my dealer right around this time of the year last year and bent their arm and was as to get the best deal, they wanted to give me either Fords 0% and ford $2k off, or their $4k off or what ever it was. I said well if you can give 4k off the car that isn't a Ford rebate, there is no reason you 'can't' give me fords deal at the same time, you just don't want to.

I ended getting both :D and walked away with a $29,900 MSRP ST2(wheels and moonroof + dealer pinstripe) for $26.5k out the door including my sales tax financed with the car at 0%.

Reactions: MattP and LeojST

·
Registered
696 Posts
I went into my dealer right around this time of the year last year and bent their arm and was as to get the best deal, they wanted to give me either Fords 0% and ford $2k off, or their $4k off or what ever it was. I said well if you can give 4k off the car that isn't a Ford rebate, there is no reason you 'can't' give me fords deal at the same time, you just don't want to.

I ended getting both :D and walked away with a $29,900 MSRP ST2(wheels and moonroof + dealer pinstripe) for $26.5k out the door including my sales tax financed with the car at 0%.
That's how you play the game, right there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts