Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be looking to get into an ST next year and was just curious about the kind of attention they grab? I know you should never purchase a car based off of impressing others and those are not my intentions. I have been browsing this forum for a little bit and can't wait to final get my own FoST :)

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I'll be looking to get into an ST next year and was just curious about the kind of attention they grab? I know you should never purchase a car based off of impressing others and those are not my intentions. I have been browsing this forum for a little bit and can't wait to final get my own FoST :)
I would say the general public doesn't realize that it is different than a normal Focus, but when you get the chance to mess with a "sporty" car and you beat them it's extremely satisfying. The ST is a sleeper of sorts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
only car guys notice it is what I've discovered

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Okay I'll take a different approach to this question.

Do you plan on modding it?

Stock- Not really unless there is a "car guy" and the only girls who notice it are friends/girlfriends/ones who ride in it

My Car- Absolutely. Yellow fog lights, tinted windows, and Blow Off Valve are what I attribute to the reasoning why. If I go through town my car will release pressure probably 5-6+ times easily because we spool boost so easily...and when it goes off it goes off and 90% of people are rubbernecking down the road to see what the hell it was. I love it, but I'm also under 30 years of age.

Edit: @thegoon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely plan on doing some simple things (exhaust, intake, etc.) however I don't want to void the warranty immediately so will probably focus on a lot of cosmetics.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I agree head turning with the car people thing... after 4 years, it took me a while to realize, I would think whats that dude looking at... ahhhhhh the car. Others look though. Just recently at daycare a dad in a mini van was giving the hard stare, I suspect he was thinking I can do that too. We both had two kiddos in the back except my vehicle is actually fun to drive while his I doubt, I am sure it is great in other aspects. I rented one for vacation. We have a nice turn on the way to the house and both do the WEEEEEEE around the turn. Makes me smile!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I definitely plan on doing some simple things (exhaust, intake, etc.) however I don't want to void the warranty immediately so will probably focus on a lot of cosmetics.
a blow off valve will break necks
Intake + exhaust + Blow off valve = No more intact necks

That's a guarantee.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm with everyone else. It doesn't stand out except to people who know cars (which is something I really like) unless you do something extreme to the appearance or like many have said, add a blowoff valve. That doesn't just turn heads, that breaks necks.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm laughing so hard at this. OP is definitely looking into a BOV now :RockOn::cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't turn heads on the daily, but driving a tinted TB with LED and fogs on usually gets people to move out of the left lane lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I get plenty of looks in my '14 TB. I've only got wing risers and mudflaps for appearance and no loud exhaust or anything. It's funny, I get lots of looks from people in much more expensive cars. I've also had a few people ask me if it was a subaru.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I get plenty of looks in my '14 TB. I've only got wing risers and mudflaps for appearance and no loud exhaust or anything. It's funny, I get lots of looks from people in much more expensive cars. I've also had a few people ask me if it was a subaru.
My yellow fogs and Rally Armour Mud Flaps have this affect also. :fordsmilie::LAME:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I always stop and take a look at an ST that passes by, but to most people? It's just another focus. These type of cars are relatively unknown the grand majority of people out there. Heck, it took an hour conversation once with a friend to convince him that mazdaspeed3's were a thing, and his co-workers sedan wasn't the same thing. Most of the people who come up and strike a conversation about my car are more interested in "how great it must be in gas, I almost got one of those before getting a prius/smart/fiesta/etc".

"Turns Heads" isn't always a good thing either, for what it's worth. Take a look at this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/off-topic/3572-wtf-did-i-just-see-driving.html Technically, all of those cars "turned heads" but I wouldn't call the attention received positive.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Same for me @Ayada lots of people asking how great the gas mileage could be... But I was also surprised by how many of my coworkers were closet car guys until I bought my ST.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My TS ST turned a few heads because of the color, but most of the time it was teenage boys who had the biggest hard on and it was because it made a lot of cool noises. Now my Mustang on the other hand is completely stock and turns heads everywhere, guys and girls, old and young. I had a 70 year old woman give me a thumbs up the first day driving home from the dealer lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
My TS ST turned a few heads because of the color, but most of the time it was teenage boys who had the biggest hard on and it was because it made a lot of cool noises. Now my Mustang on the other hand is completely stock and turns heads everywhere, guys and girls, old and young. I had a 70 year old woman give me a thumbs up the first day driving home from the dealer lol.
When I see a TS ST I chuckle because of the Muscle Vs Tuner video...sorry lol it's priceless. **NSFW

On the topic of gas mileage...I always tell them I get like 25.5 and they are like WHAT?! HOW? My moms sisters neice get's more than that in her 2003 v6 Tiburon?

250+ hp life

·
Registered
162 Posts
I found it funny that not many noticed when I had the stock wheels. Put the TSW's on and it seems like people are staring at it left and right.

Reactions: luichar and Joshua
1 - 20 of 92 Posts