Ford Focus ST Forum banner

[deleted]

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TuxSTF 
#1 · (Edited)
[deleted]

#3 ·
My 2018 only had one horn instead of the reported dual horns on previous models. I found this out installing Hella super tones. I spent a long time looking for that second horn.

#5 · (Edited)
I can verify I saw TWO horns on my 2016, when the front bumper was off. One on each side of the intercooler under the crash bar.
It would not surprise me if one was high pitch and one was low pitch. Hard to tell when sounding together, but I am satisfied with the volume and tone of the horns...

Edit: Ha, I also misread.... Sounds like '18s are different!

#21 ·
Yup little car sound pretty much sums up my horn. I was even embarrassed of locking the car while other people were around cause of the weak sound, but we recently got my son a Honda civic and the horn sound on the civic is like a child's squeaky toy so I don't feel so bad about mine anymore.

#22 ·
I took my ST to the dealership because I thought my horn should have 2 tones to it, and it sounds wimpy with only one. They said that the 18 models only have the one tone. Can anyone verify if this is correct?
I know how yo u feel. One horn make it sound cheap or like the old single horns of cars from the 80’s. I got a 2018 Mustang 5.0. Tried everything out and then the horn. Normally sounds like the classy two tones together, but it was the dreaded rental car cheap sound. Found out there was a TSB on it. A wiring issue. I decided since the dealer failed to resolve this before delivery, that I will not be buying new again anytime soon. Sad part is I sold Ford’s/Lincoln’s for 12 yrs, got good prices on new, generally D-plan minus rebates if any, so it added up to well under invoice, much more near actual dealer cost. I miss that. But Ford has really gone down hill in the last 6 yrs. And when dealers force sales people at all levels to “make sure the custom gives us a perfect survey” no matter who may have screwed up something, the sales people that did all the work get hung with the complaints and managers can not own up to problems, is truly sad. I left as a Mgr and was just shocked at the lack of actual managerial skills in the desk people. A company can not improve things if they do not what’s broken when perfect surveys are requested. Just a bad path altogether IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.