Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the Steeda Symposer delete plate on my ST this afternoon. I took it out for a test run, and I have to be honest, I miss the piped in engine noise. I realize that it's amplified engine noise, so it's not 100% legitimate, but I believe the noise is part of the fun (for me at least). I found the car to be too quiet without the SS. At first I was thinking that "wow it's nice and quiet", but it's just too damn quiet. So I guess I'm going to put scuba-looking apparatus back in. I'm not the type that's going to mod my car anymore than I already have (shift knob/shift cable bracket bushings/AEM dry flow filter). No fart can exhaust systems for me as I'm getting too old for that stuff. Plus I don't want to give Ford anymore warranty denial fodder.

Just curious, if anyone else has tried the delete, and went back?

P.S.- Also noticed a very small amount of oil in the part that came off the manifold, suppose that's normal?:question:

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I really disliked the system, waste of money and material. Deleted it day two of ownership in 2013.
I don't quite understand how a car can be to quiet; I usually drive with windows open or low music. Know why?, well because I like to be Vigilant when I drive a 3,200 Lbs vehicle down the road. :wink:
Should be fine on the oil part. Blow by goes through the headafold due to turbo charged car, some of the blow by just got into the system.

P.S. Our platforms does not have fart can's, those belong to Honda's and a few others.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I like it. I wrote back in stock settings, even though the Cobb Stg3 tune essentially turns it off. For awhile I was running it at a higher duty cycle to give it more volume, but it was a little much.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah I have nothing against it.
Honestly, it mixed with my borla, when I give it a lot of gas it sound mean

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you like how it shifts with the bushings in?
It's definitely improved the shifter feel. Mine is still a little notchy feeling, but better. It was a worthwhile upgrade and wasn't very difficult to perform.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If it would turn on more towards 3500-4500 rpm I would have kept it, but it kept confusing me at 2000rpm trying to trick me into gaining a mpg.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Funny I don't know what I am missing. Didn't work on the test drive, had 4 miles on it, and 54,000 miles later the free repair ship has sailed. I also have yet to be in a car that had one working/not blocked. I guess I just don't know what I am missing, good or bad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love it and don't understand why anybody would get rid of it. I don't see it at all as illegitimate, since it's 100% real sound.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Didn't mind it but then with the FRPP and the Dual Catch can, I had to remove it anyway.
Can't say I miss it :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nonsensical, anytime you replace an exhaust you are introducing another system that will AMPLIFY or change whatever aspect of the engines sound you want to. So why is the symposer phony? Answer, it isn't. If you like, fine, if you don't, remove it. But I can't understand why people try to claim it is a fake sound. No more fake than an after market exhaust which people on this site tend to cream their jeans over.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This thread gives me incentive to remove the SS. I have not minded the sound in the car. However, I recently changed the exhaust and when I accelerate hard the exhaust noise gets kind of loud and almost annoying. Maybe if I remove the SS the noise in the cabin won't be as loud.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it would turn on more towards 3500-4500 rpm I would have kept it, but it kept confusing me at 2000rpm trying to trick me into gaining a mpg.
I don't mind the sound either (when I'm not bassing out), I wish I came on at a higher rpm as well...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts