Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running in GS this year and need to get a set of tires. The price is pretty good on the V720's ($136.10 a tire from Tire Rack). I was wondering is anyone has ran on these before and if you would recommend them. Or is it like most things and you get what you pay for?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I almost picked up a set of those tires, just because of the price. However, if you do some research on tread delamination, you will see, that even with their good contingency payout at national events, they may not be worth it if your only going to get a few runs before they start falling apart.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No, but I've heard nothing but good things about the new Nexen SUR4G's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I almost picked up a set of those tires, just because of the price. However, if you do some research on tread delamination, you will see, that even with their good contingency payout at national events, they may not be worth it if your only going to get a few runs before they start falling apart.
I seen some reviews where some people experienced delamination rather quickly, just wanted to see if it was a common thing or isolated incidents. I will probably look at some other tire options. Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ive used those tires before. I knew some folks that liked them alot, I found them to be pure crap. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ive used those tires before. I knew some folks that liked them alot, I found them to be pure crap. To each his own I guess.
are you talking about the sur4 or the sur4g? the old sur4's arent that good which i will agree with you on, but the sur4 g's are the new version and are a completely different than the tire it is replacing.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
are you talking about the sur4 or the sur4g? the old sur4's arent that good which i will agree with you on, but the sur4 g's are the new version and are a completely different than the tire it is replacing.
No. I meant the kumhos. I never tried the sur4 tires.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
No. I meant the kumhos. I never tried the sur4 tires.
Gotcha, defintely agree with you there. Its sad too because they have a pretty good contingency, but wont honor the delamination issue when it occurs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input. It looks like I will be looking at other options. I'm not against spending more, but I figured that if the Kumho's were as good as any other tire in it's class then why not?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I used them on a road course. They came apart the first day. Never got another set. I have used numerous sets of v700s with no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts