Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
208 Posts
It's a cool idea, and the stock catback can surprisingly flow pretty well. I think it becomes a bottleneck somewhere in the 300s.

Imagine a stock catback with an EWG dump! Talk about Jekyll & Hyde...

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a cool idea, and the stock catback can surprisingly flow pretty well. I think it becomes a bottleneck somewhere in the 300s.

Imagine a stock catback with an EWG dump! Talk about Jekyll & Hyde...
My car makes 430wheel on the dyno....prolly could squeeze some more with a more open exhaust but meh if I went to a bigger turbo maybe...current 2867 is maxed out. Was thinking of putting a cutout in ...daily/obnoxious mode lol

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Yea 2867 turbo aux fuel....I do have a catless downpipe...and I've deleted the resonator recently but the rest is stock....still nice and quiet...she's a sleeper nobody expects it.
I've been toying with the idea of putting the stock catback back on for a little while, would be pretty fun to have that kind of power quietly.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,362 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of putting the stock catback back on for a little while, would be pretty fun to have that kind of power quietly.
There's a lot to be said for a sleeper car. Just have to keep your own temper and foot in check and worry less about the noise accidentally starting something 😉😕

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a pretty large Turbosmart 54mm raceport BOV welded to the side of the intercooler....loudest thing on the car...everything else is pretty ninja...its great keeping it sleeper

·
Registered
191 Posts
It won’t choke the car until north of 400WHP if you have a high flowing downpipe. Should be fine. This is the same with the factory intake, chokes around (380-390whp).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 ST
93 Posts
Gt2871 with 3” dp and stock catback. I love it

Reactions: basikbiker
1 - 12 of 12 Posts