Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A cat-back exhaust is in my relatively near future, so I have been doing some research on the systems that are out there. I love having parts from unique brands, or brands that you wouldn't expect to see on an ST build. For instance, Greddy is highly associated with the JDM market, you wouldn't really expect to see Greddy components on a Ford. Speaking of, they are my favorite exhaust so far. The price is right, quality is outstanding, and it looks great and the sound is just about perfect. Those last two things are obviously subjective. Anyways, I recently found Supersprint has a line of exhaust products for our car. This is another brand you wouldn't expect to see on a Focus. They are real popular with BMW M cars, Porsche's, Ferrari and Lambo. Hand made in Italy. Expensive stuff, talking $8500 for an Aventador cat-back. You want the cats? Another $9k on top of that, talking almost $20k for an exhaust system. The Focus stuff is pricey too, but they have a weird way of selling their stuff. You have to buy everything individually(you even have to buy the tips separately from the exhaust system, could be a pro or con), so if you just want an axle back or if that's all you can afford, you can do that. Also allows you to tune the volume of the exhaust, because they offer the 'front pipe' with or without a muffler. I'll post all the components and prices below, and hotlink them. Anyway, I can't find any real world opinion's on it. Supersprint does have a YouTube video of it on a ST wagon, it sounds amazing IMO. To me, only hearing these in YT videos, the SS sounds just like the Greddy only a bit quieter. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. The Greddy's tone is amazing, the volume just seems a little high for my liking. Especially when paired with a downpipe. I just wanted to see what you guys think of this thing.

Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Pipe

Axle-back exhaust - $1770 on discount right now

Center pipe - $210

Front portion w/o muffler - $175

Front portion w/muffler - $650

Downpipe w/no cat - $815

Downpipe w/cat - $2580 aka ****ing absurd

Tips - $475 ?????

Just insane. That's ~$5700 for a complete system with the extra mufflers and the catted dp. I'm 99% sure I'm getting the Greddy. I like the Remus exhaust as well. I'm wondering though with the recent release of the RS that some exotic brands like this will make a system for it, and that that will spur them on to make products for the ST since the platforms are so similar. I want to see Akrovapic and Army Trix systems, I don't understand why they don't make them already. I would put money on it that the percentage of FoST owners that have modified their car is over well over 50%. You could argue the typical person that mods a FoST doesn't spend the kind of money those systems cost, but if they are offering systems for the EcoBoost Mustang(V8 system not even offered), Mini Coopers, Fiat 500, and Golfs, why not the ST? Even if I don't buy them it's still cool to see. What do you guys think? Also, love to hear if you guys know of any other unique, obscure, or uncommon exhaust system for the FoST, share them!

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Pretty stuff...I'll stick with my MRT axle back and MagnaFlow muffler for the affordability/sound win! Too bad MRT raised their price.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
For that price.. you could install electronic cut outs, get the CPE turbo back with ghost pipes, and still have enough money left over for some forged wheels and custom powder coating .. F that

·
Registered
816 Posts
Definitely go with the Greddy. I installed my Greddy with a catless downpipe and it's sounds like no 4 cylinder I've ever heard. Just a very mature sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Meh, the Remus kit sounds better, looks better, and is much cheaper. If I had gobs of money to drop on an exhaust, that's the one I'd get. But I don't have gobs of money to drop on an exhaust, so if I ever ditch the stock system I'll likely go with the Greddy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like that JDL. Their work looks really nice.

Have you guys seen the CNT cat back exhaust? Extremely competitively priced, $375, and I think it sounds great. My heart is still set on the Greddy though. Ever since the original Fast and Furious, I'm not sure where I saw Greddy in it, but I've always wanted something made by them. Maybe I didn't even see it in the movie, I was a big fan of the Import Tuner mags around that time though so maybe I saw it there. Being that the only non-JDM car they offer a component for is the Focus makes me feel even more inclined to buy one.

CNT Exhaust

I would get the silver tips, but the burnt blue ones are the only ones I could find large pictures to share

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Muffler Pipe
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Pipe Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
532 Posts
LOL and people ***** about mountune's prices.

$5700 turbo-back setup before you even ship it? Seriously? If I had that kind of dough to drop on an exhaust I wouldn't be driving a ****ing Focus. IMO, that's gouging.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I spent about a grand on a ford racing exhaust, it has almost the same sound. Plus some snap crackle and pop thanks to stratified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts