1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the car to a mechanic to get the COBB downpipe installed so I figure they would have the right tools. I'm just hoping that they won't have to remove the downpipe to do it...he told me it was a PITA to get installed! But none the less, I won't be doing it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What it will cost for the time spent making the change. If it is easier to install it without removing the downpipe, then it will cost less I would assume. If it isn't any easier, well...

·
Registered
532 Posts
For those that have installed the Vibrant Oxygen Sensor Defouler

Or any Defouler for that matter, can this be done without removing the downpipe?

Thanks again,

-SquillyD
Depends on the exact location and orientation of the 2nd O2 sensor on your downpipe.

I was able to install the Blox Racing "defouler" without removing my mountune downpipe, but it was a tight squeeze. Did it from underneath.
Blox Racing BXFL-00108 Eliminator Adapter

Judging from pictures I'd bet you could do it with the Vibrant piece too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I installed one of these on my milltek downpipe a couple months ago for a short period before I got a tune. The downpipe technically stayed in the car but I had to disconnect it from literally everything it attached to

·
Registered
127 Posts
I took the car to a mechanic to get the COBB downpipe installed so I figure they would have the right tools. I'm just hoping that they won't have to remove the downpipe to do it...he told me it was a PITA to get installed! But none the less, I won't be doing it.
The downpipe is actually pretty simple to remove and get back on. I took mine off to install the defouler and had it back on the car in about 30-45 mins. Just remember the middle insert is the one you want use in the vibrant on our cars.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I installed an MBRP catted downpipe roughly a month ago now, and I'm going to be installing a defouler. I changed my oil this weekend and inspected the rear O2 sensor, and installing a defouler without removing the whole downpipe should be simple. There's plenty of room in there to work.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I installed that exact defouler on my Cobb dp, still on the car..

You have to disconnect the o2 sensor so you don't twist up the wires to it when screwing it in to the defouler

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts