Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have full bolt ons minus downpipe all mountune parts. Just wanted to post these compressor outlet temps & charge air temps and see what temps others are reading. To me the results seem stellar. This was on an hour+ long trip and came across a FoST & FiST & did some pulls against them. The intercooler dropped the compressed air temps by about 180 degrees. Ambient temp was about 50f. What numbers you getting? (see attached picture)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Regarding Charge Air temps on 2015+ models the AP isn't reading them 100% accurately. There is a long thread about CATs to look at. @Bugasu and Stratified did some great work on getting the AP to read closer to actual for their tunes. If your interested in learning more about this phenomenon take a look at this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/41047-2015-intercooler-charge-temp-thread.html

Sit down, plug your laptop. pour yourself a coffee/crack a beer..........you'll be reading awhile.

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regarding Charge Air temps on 2015+ models the AP isn't reading them 100% accurately. There is a long thread about CATs to look at. @Bugasu and Stratified did some great work on getting the AP to read closer to actual for their tunes. If your interested in learning more about this phenomenon take a look at this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/41047-2015-intercooler-charge-temp-thread.html

Sit down, plug your laptop. pour yourself a coffee/crack a beer..........you'll be reading awhile.
will do ?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
before replacing the intercooler, I'd have as much as a 70* temp swing over a single 4th gear pull, after switching out to the Depo 3.5", even with back to back pulls the largest delta I see is usually around 10*-15*. I think I may have seen it go up to a hair over 20* after an extended 6th gear top speed run.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts

At least the guys at Strat make it relatively easy to read. I love their write-ups and how they explain things in such a way that it's in depth enough for more technical owners to get the gist and understand it...but simple enough for people who aren't technical to start to become technical and learn WHY everything is the way it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts