Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I have noticed ever since I starting driving the ST I get cut off WAY more often than I used to. My previous car was an 04' Honda Element and it rarely every happened. Almost every day someone is trying to force their way in between me and the car in front of me which has about 5-6 feet of room (usually traffic) or they just full on fly in to my lane. I can't figure out why unless it is because this car is smaller than my previous car. I mean if someone is cruising next to me and puts their blinker on I will let them in, but if they fly up and try to force their way in instead of getting in line like everyone else I am less inclined to assist them.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm not sure if it's more than before but I like it when a person in a "luxury" car tries to muscle or speed ahead because it's a focus and fail

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys. So I have noticed ever since I starting driving the ST I get cut off WAY more often than I used to. My previous car was an 04' Honda Element and it rarely every happened. Almost every day someone is trying to force their way in between me and the car in front of me which has about 5-6 feet of room (usually traffic) or they just full on fly in to my lane. I can't figure out why unless it is because this car is smaller than my previous car. I mean if someone is cruising next to me and puts their blinker on I will let them in, but if they fly up and try to force their way in instead of getting in line like everyone else I am less inclined to assist them.

Anyone else?
Never noticed the cutting off, but people do try to race me every now and again. Last night a Hyundai Veloster kept teasing me, then I got annoyed and blew past it lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Not so much cutting me off, but certainly more aggressive towards me. I guarantee you several people I've come across took me for a "young punk/dbag" a time or two when they aggressively took offense to being passed and tried to stop me. That has happened a lot, and I'm by no means in irresponsible driver despite my age. If people are around the most bad that I'll do is passing them +10mph over them. People just get mad more often than if I was in a Honda Accord or something

Edit: I could see how a soccer mom and middle aged dad or something could see me as said young punk if they see my dark ass windows, diffuser fins, black wheels, exhaust, etc. OR if they see me through the windshield and see I'm younger. Big dbag diesel trucks often treat me like this..they do it more than most others

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My other vehicles are a 4runner and f-150 and I only get cut off driving those during city traffic where it's go or get crushed. I might have been cut off a few times in the couple months I've actually had the FOST on the road, but I'm a bit aggressive in situations like that and usually make the first move if possible. Maybe you are being a little more chill than the people surrounding you and so people are seemingly more aggressive. Or the size and ride height makes you more vulnerable so mentally you notice things more?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have all sorts of cars that try to muscle their way in front of me or just cut me off. They are usually luxury cars, SUV's, and muscle cars though. I just don't get it. The room doesn't exist in front of me so stop trying to force yourself in. Also please to not almost clip my bumper to fly in front of me which effectively gets you no where.

Honestly I would love for other cars to want to "play", but I just got so-cal d-bags.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Not so much cutting me off, but certainly more aggressive towards me. I guarantee you several people I've come across took me for a "young punk/dbag" a time or two when they aggressively took offense to being passed and tried to stop me. That has happened a lot, and I'm by no means in irresponsible driver despite my age. If people are around the most bad that I'll do is passing them +10mph over them. People just get mad more often than if I was in a Honda Accord or something

Edit: I could see how a soccer mom and middle aged dad or something could see me as said young punk if they see my dark ass windows, diffuser fins, black wheels, exhaust, etc. OR if they see me through the windshield and see I'm younger. Big dbag diesel trucks often treat me like this..they do it more than most others
I have to agree with you on this, people do NOT like us passing them, especially trucks.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My other vehicles are a 4runner and f-150 and I only get cut off driving those during city traffic where it's go or get crushed. I might have been cut off a few times in the couple months I've actually had the FOST on the road, but I'm a bit aggressive in situations like that and usually make the first move if possible. Maybe you are being a little more chill than the people surrounding you and so people are seemingly more aggressive. Or the size and ride height makes you more vulnerable so mentally you notice things more?
I am generally more chill, but I know the tell tale signs of someone who is about to try and force their way in so I usually close the gap, but they just keep moving over. Perhaps I should use my horn more. I am more alert in this car because: 1. I love my car. 2. I am loser to the ground as far as eye sight.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree with you on this, people do NOT like us passing them, especially trucks.
Lol any time I pass a truck, BMW, Muscle Car, or some SUV's they get so pissed that some little hatch just over took them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I am generally more chill, but I know the tell tale signs of someone who is about to try and force their way in so I usually close the gap, but they just keep moving over. Perhaps I should use my horn more. I am more alert in this car because: 1. I love my car. 2. I am loser to the ground as far as eye sight.
Step 1: Buy hella horns
Step 2: Buy good quality windshield washer fluid for washing the sh*t off that you scared out of them
Step 3: Get to work on time because you didn't get cut off by the lady in the BMW who doesn't have blinkers

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to add that pickup truck drivers do seem to hate the focus. One was harassing me last night. Had to do 115 to get away from the driver.

On a side note, don't forget to turn on your windshield washer fluid when a d bag is behind you on the highway... Will mist all over their car lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Step 2: Buy good quality windshield washer fluid for washing the sh*t off that you scared out of them
Step 3: Get to work on time because you didn't get cut off by the lady in the BMW who doesn't have blinkers
hahaha! I have always wondered how tough it is to install hella horns...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
hahaha! I have always wondered how tough it is to install hella horns...
Cake, drop the front bumper and all you gotta do it swap wiring to them and mount them up. Throw the front bumper back on and you're a goddamn train now. Toot toot mf

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hella horns, definitely. Bought these immediately and love them. Can confirm S*&^ will fly!

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
312 Posts
Omg I was thinking about this. Especially if you have a catless downpipe and exhaust drivers behind and in front of you can get real ugly. Ive noticed an increase in ass hole drivers in front of me going really slow and looking in their rear view mirror more than usual and im not even trying to be that guy. Or they will break check me which is funny cause im not even close to their car. #fail.

But yea and the thing that kills me is I get a lot of people passing me all fast when im damn near empty on E85. Gets me everytime. haha

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Omg I was thinking about this. Especially if you have a catless downpipe and exhaust drivers behind and in front of you can get real ugly. Ive noticed an increase in ass hole drivers in front of me going really slow and looking in their rear view mirror more than usual and im not even trying to be that guy. Or they will break check me which is funny cause im not even close to their car. #fail.

But yea and the thing that kills me is I get a lot of people passing me all fast when im damn near empty on E85. Gets me everytime. haha
Yeah just this morning I relived (for the hundredth time) the excruciating experience of being behind someone who won't move the hell over in the left lane doing a persistent 71mph in a 65. And the person to their right was ALSO going 71 and was 1.5 car lengths ahead of them so I would be extremely shady trying to pass them and thread the needle. I sometimes flash my brights if I'm in a hurry

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Another possibility is the Fiamm air horns. Had a high pitch set on our Miata and they would demand people's attention.
He actually could go the route of an actual train horn also

ProBlaster Dual Horn Kit - HK1 Kleinn Train Horn Air Horn

Or go big or go home:

http://trainhorns.net/nathan-train-horn/big-bang-train-air-horns.html

Don't do this ^ It'll honestly probably break their windows

Edit: Wait...it actually DOES break glass!!! See this from their site: "This is simply the biggest and baddest Nathan train horn available on the market. This kit shatters glass, LITERALLY! Other train horns for trucks can't compare to this loud air horn on any level. This is a true locomotive air horn kit."

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cake, drop the front bumper and all you gotta do it swap wiring to them and mount them up. Throw the front bumper back on and you're a goddamn train now. Toot toot mf
That one made me lol :haha:

Being cut off in So Cal is a everyday occurrence, I hardly notice it anymore, just another cuss word lol.
Drove down to LA for a family gig and on the way home got to play with a small group, a couple Honda's a BMW and a black something, I don't know what it was but it was definitely faster than my ST, it was dark and my windows have a pretty good tint to them so I couldn't tell what it was, it was modded though, he pulled up next to me did the crackle pop thing and away he went, it may have been a GTI. The other one's where no match for the ST :big smile:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.