Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a question: Do the front calipers from focus mk3 RS fit focus mk3 ST with 18" stock alloy wheels?

·
Registered
371 Posts
They do no fit, you need a wheel spacer or an after market rim with more offset

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to say that I have a spacer 18 mm for each wheel. I understand that in this situation the Brembo brakes will fit my wheels OE Focus ST. Am I right?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I forgot to say that I have a spacer 18 mm for each wheel. I understand that in this situation the Brembo brakes will fit my wheels OE Focus ST. Am I right?
I would say you are all set to go :RockOn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx. Bradley :)

Reactions: Bradley

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:RockOn::RockOn: 20160605_152320.jpg DSCN1451aa1.JPG

Only for painting :)

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you by chance weigh the discs? They are 350mm in diameter and the change from the smaller ST brakes to the bigger ones (320mm to 335mm) was already 2kg each. So I think the RS discs are pretty heavy, I would say at least the same amount more than the 335mm discs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you by chance weigh the discs? They are 350mm in diameter and the change from the smaller ST brakes to the bigger ones (320mm to 335mm) was already 2kg each. So I think the RS discs are pretty heavy, I would say at least the same amount more than the 335mm discs.
Focus RS brakes are ~23lb each.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jepp, that´s what I thought. That means it´s breaking power starts already while accelerating :smile: Nothing you can compensate with any wheel. I wonder if aftermarket discs are any lighter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Jepp, that´s what I thought. That means it´s breaking power starts already while accelerating :smile: Nothing you can compensate with any wheel. I wonder if aftermarket discs are any lighter.
I know StopTech has a set of 2 piece rotors that shave off 4lbs per rotor. A bit on the pricey side though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes, but the brakes last longer than stock ones. 20170326_134958.jpg 20170326_134948.jpg 20170326_135303.jpg 20170326_135229.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I know StopTech has a set of 2 piece rotors that shave off 4lbs per rotor. A bit on the pricey side though.
Correct! Most 2-piece rotors are lighter than factory cast items. Mainly because the center section is an aluminum hat, not a piece of cast iron. There is a performance advantage to your suspension reacting faster. But a 4lbs lighter wheel is much more effective than a 4lb lighter disc.

Be warned that the rotor rings when you need to replace them are often pretty expensive. You don't replace them very often on a street car with mild performance pads like most folks run here. But on a true track pad, this could become a disposable part, and really increase the cost of racing.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Where did you acquire unpainted MK3 RS calipers? I want to do a similar setup but I can't source any from a wreak.
You can order them from the dealership for around $180 each after a core charge. BRCF-356 and BRCF-354. It's a 1-2 month backorder though, and you need a lot of supporting hardware to make the swap.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts